ER7212Pc PPPoE wan got ip but no internet connection for clients

2024-02-20 15:51:12
Model: ER7212PC  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.2

Hi experts,

I connect the ER7212Pc via a Fritz Box to Telekom dsl. PPPoE connection is working and I see the public ip and gateway in the wan interface. But I cannot get an internet connection from the lan interface. The device is new and has no special configuration besides the default settings.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

kind regards,

Marco

Options
3 Reply
Re:ER7212Pc PPPoE wan got ip but no internet connection for clients
2024-02-21 01:28:41

Hi @Neodemus 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

1. If there is all the detail you can provide, you probably should ring the technical support. With this little information, I don't think I can give a specific suggestion.

2. Try to reboot your modem. That may fix the stored MAC address on the modem.

3. Do some basic checks on your LAN.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2024-02-21 12:06:03

Thanks for the fast answer.

I dont know exactly what did the trick. I restared the fritz box. But I also enabled EasyLogin in the telekom portal. Maybe something was wrong with the dsl credentials. But why did I get the IP then?

Kind Regards,

Marco

Options
2024-02-22 02:58:04

Hi @Neodemus 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Neodemus wrote

Thanks for the fast answer.

I dont know exactly what did the trick. I restared the fritz box. But I also enabled EasyLogin in the telekom portal. Maybe something was wrong with the dsl credentials. But why did I get the IP then?

Kind Regards,

Marco

If you are connected to a router, you will get a (private) IP address regardless if you have Internet or not.

You did not show me the IP address. I cannot judge.

If you need to show me the IP, please make sure you take responsibility for your privacy.

Please mosaic your sensitive information. Here is a list of information considered sensitive:

1. Public IP address on your WAN if your WAN is.

2. Real MAC address of your device.

3. Your personal information including address, domain name, and credentials.

For troubleshooting purposes, when a WAN IP is needed, please leave some values visible for identification.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 173

Replies: 3

Related Articles