Empty OSPF Neighbor Table on ER707-M2
Empty OSPF Neighbor Table on ER707-M2
2024-02-20 20:40:10
Tags: #VPN #OSPF
Model: ER707-M2  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.1

Hello,

I configured GRE VPN and OSP routing between 3 routers (same model). Everything is working fine so far, however the OSPF Neighbor Table does not show their neighbors. Can this be a bug of the current 1.2.1 software release? Or do I have to configure something else so that this is working? I am wondering if I have to add rules to the FW access control setting.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Empty OSPF Neighbor Table on ER707-M2
2024-02-21 06:26:45

Hi @ReneM 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Config screenshots and diagram?

What are the areas you configured?

Have you ruled out that misconfig before jumping to the conclusion of a bug in the router?

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
Re:Empty OSPF Neighbor Table on ER707-M2
2024-02-21 15:03:52

@Clive_A  point to a bug is not a conclusion, it was just a question or and idea I had...

There is no diagram to share, however, it is a simple setup, there are 3 routers which connect to each other via GRE VPN and OSPF routing. All of them share the same Area ID.

Here are some screenshots of the setup:

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 195

Replies: 2

Tags

VPN
OSPF
Related Articles