ER605 managed by OC200: port forwarding not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-02-22 16:55:29 - last edited 2024-02-23 01:16:20
Tags: #NAT
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.2.4

Hi,

Having tried to do the relative simple task of doing a port forward to my HomeAssistant (HA) from 'Source ip: 0.0.0.0:8123' to 'Destination ip: 10.10.10.8:8123' on 'All protocols' I'm stuck and don't understand why this will not work.

My setup is:

[provider/fiber modem] => [er605 v2] => [internal HA server].

Couldn't be any more simple in my opinion. Furthermore, the ER605 doesn't have 'custom' firewall rules, ACL's, Vlans, DMZ or whatever. Everything is pretty much vanilla.

If I check if the forward is working with https://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/ it tells me that the port 8123 is closed.

- removed the port forward entry

- rebooted the er605

- added the port forward entry again

- rebooted the er605

Still no result.

Side note: this has been working before, but lately, don't know when it changed, it doesn't anymore.

Edit:

Ok, the problem lies with my provider. They've implemented CGNAT for all their customers, so forwarding doesn't work anymore. I found that out because my er605 had and IP address in the 100.x.x.x range, however whatismyip said is was in the 62.x.x.x range. After a bit of googling I found out that was the trademark for CGNAT.

Called my provider and they will undo that in my case. They really really need to switch to ipv6

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:ER605 managed by OC200: port forwarding not working-Solution
2024-02-23 01:16:12 - last edited 2024-02-23 01:16:15

Hi @Tonus 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

In case you did not know.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:ER605 managed by OC200: port forwarding not working-Solution
2024-02-23 01:16:12 - last edited 2024-02-23 01:16:15

Hi @Tonus 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

In case you did not know.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 189

Replies: 1

Tags

Related Articles