After I replaced old switch by Omada BIG downloads get interupted
After I replaced old switch by Omada BIG downloads get interupted
2024-02-24 19:55:46 - last edited 2024-02-26 01:31:08
Model: ER7206 (TL-ER7206)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.1.1 Build 20240110 Rel.42816

Hi,

I had old TP-Link Tl-WR1043ND

It was doing perfect job. I wondered I need up-to-date secure system with multiple VLANs so I bought ER7206 .

I set up everything the same.

I noticed during the days  I used this switch, I have interrupted big downloads in Firefox and Chrome.

I have to manually Resume, Resume, Resume...... it takes few minutes and downloads get  paused because of some transmission errors.  I feel like a resume robot.

Else Internet is working smoothly.

I tried many things like:

Set MTU instead of 1500 to 1480

Disabled load balancing

Disabled bandwidth control

Disabled Traffic and IP statistics

never rebooted the switch after said changes.

none of that helped

I have currently two WANs selected. One is not used (SFP connmector) - could it help to uncheck it from WAN group ?

Do you happen to know what else can have influence on connectivity drops or at least how can I measure such a thing.

I did not think that I run into so many issues with the new device.

Thank you

Best Regards

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:After I replaced old switch by Omada BIG downloads get interupted-Solution
2024-02-25 13:10:51 - last edited 2024-02-26 01:31:08

@d0ugmac1 

I should have not posted this question.

I realized unfortunately that this was not the only change I made in recet turbulent days.

Not only I experimented wit OC200 (decided not to use)

but also I switched off routing at T1600G-52PS  because now routing is done by ER7206 as "router-on-the-stick"

also download location was chenged from SSD to crypoted slow roitating disc (later bac, did not help)

also FF+Chrome might have been overloaded

and including all the changes I have tested/turned on turned off in the post above

I bet this started to happen with the new GW and at the beginning I even did not suspected

Finally I ended up off-loading all the download to Synology  Download addin.

It magically works. Worked all nights, downloaded everything huge over night withou my single interaction.

For me, great. Maybe even Firefox has some bug. Maybe Synology addin is able somehow to recover from these.

MTU is back to 1500.

Should I realize so many things were changed, I would never post this problem here because it is of no usage to others.

Have a nice day

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:After I replaced old switch by Omada BIG downloads get interupted
2024-02-24 23:45:37

@Filip009 

I would definitely try running it with only the 1 active WAN port selected as a WAN.  That should prevent any failover or loadbalance config issues from causing trouble.

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options
Re:After I replaced old switch by Omada BIG downloads get interupted-Solution
2024-02-25 13:10:51 - last edited 2024-02-26 01:31:08

@d0ugmac1 

I should have not posted this question.

I realized unfortunately that this was not the only change I made in recet turbulent days.

Not only I experimented wit OC200 (decided not to use)

but also I switched off routing at T1600G-52PS  because now routing is done by ER7206 as "router-on-the-stick"

also download location was chenged from SSD to crypoted slow roitating disc (later bac, did not help)

also FF+Chrome might have been overloaded

and including all the changes I have tested/turned on turned off in the post above

I bet this started to happen with the new GW and at the beginning I even did not suspected

Finally I ended up off-loading all the download to Synology  Download addin.

It magically works. Worked all nights, downloaded everything huge over night withou my single interaction.

For me, great. Maybe even Firefox has some bug. Maybe Synology addin is able somehow to recover from these.

MTU is back to 1500.

Should I realize so many things were changed, I would never post this problem here because it is of no usage to others.

Have a nice day

Recommended Solution
Options
2024-02-26 01:35:06

Hi @Filip009 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

You did not use the SFP module, so I rule out the possibility that your SFP module is too hot to work properly. 

You should check how many sessions you are downloading. It could be an issue with the server when one session ends, it does not offer the second session to continue which requires you to manually resume to create the new session.

This might be the reason.

MTU should not be modified unless you know what you are doing, and if your ISP asks you to do so. It is not recommended to modify it unless you know what you need.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2024-02-26 10:15:35

@Filip009 

Hi Clive_A

I am not using SFP module at all. I use just Ethernet WAN2 part and after searching internet for possible issue I only suspected dualness of the WAN I left there could be some problem source.

I just did not turn off the SFP interface since I configured the switch.

I neither turned off balancing at the beginning. No intention, just left what was there from default.

It was many sessions with huge files.

Maybe I was wrong with the switch causing it but it was coincidence I had to give try.

Thank you regarding the MTU note.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 227

Replies: 4

Related Articles