Block TL-E605 built in DNS for one VLAN only

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-02-27 20:39:42 - last edited 2024-02-29 01:38:44
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I am trying to make sure that there is only one working custom DNS in a particular VLAN.

I have been able to block clients on that network from using other Internet facing DNS servers, however the problem I am having is that I can't stop the ER-605 from responding to DNS Requests.

I am using a custom DNS Server, this part is working, I can see it working, but I don't want DNS to work on the Gateway for that specific VLAN.

I am using the ER-605 DNS Server for other VLAN's, just need to block it for one specific VLAN.

What am I missing?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Block TL-E605 built in DNS for one VLAN only
2024-02-28 05:50:11

Hi @ILostTheKeys 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

How do you configure it? In your VLAN int, you should be able to set a specific DNS to it.

And what is your test result? Verification? Do you have a Wireshark to show me that any traffic is sent to the gateway for DNS resolution?

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options