Request for OpenAPI Root Document

2024-03-05 18:03:55 - last edited 2024-03-06 03:08:26
Tags: #API
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 5.12.7

I'm a developer starting to integrate with the controller's OpenAPI. While I saw the documentation for the API at:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/590430

I was looking to generate the client / stubs for developing with the API, and it seems that tooling for OpenAPI requires the `openapi.json` or `openapi.yaml` root document (as described in the `Document Structure` section of https://swagger.io/specification/). I wasn't able to find this, so I'm seeing if someone could provide a link for it?

Thanks!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Request for OpenAPI Root Document-Solution
2024-03-06 03:08:15 - last edited 2024-03-06 03:08:26

Hi @patrium

Since I am not specialized in Omada Controller, and not an engineer in software, I have a simple question for you, is this information you are looking for included in any of the public docs we provided?

If no, then it is not provided or ready yet. Then you should wait for the update on docs. We don't provide it unless when the public docs have it. Some files you think they are supposed to be open may not be the case. They are not open to the public and it is a decision of the team.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Request for OpenAPI Root Document-Solution
2024-03-06 03:08:15 - last edited 2024-03-06 03:08:26

Hi @patrium

Since I am not specialized in Omada Controller, and not an engineer in software, I have a simple question for you, is this information you are looking for included in any of the public docs we provided?

If no, then it is not provided or ready yet. Then you should wait for the update on docs. We don't provide it unless when the public docs have it. Some files you think they are supposed to be open may not be the case. They are not open to the public and it is a decision of the team.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Request for OpenAPI Root Document
2024-03-06 03:30:39

@Clive_A 

Actually, would you be able to loop in a software engineer? This is a little difficult to explain as a "root document" is a technical term and not a document that a person reads.

Options
2024-03-06 03:49:04

Hi @patrium 

patrium wrote

@Clive_A 

Actually, would you be able to loop in a software engineer? This is a little difficult to explain as a "root document" is a technical term and not a document that a person reads.

I can assist you. Please let me know how many devices you have. If you have hundreds of devices, please reach out to your local TP-Link office and the local management team will respond as if you were a VIP. Will also cooperate with the following requests from you.

If you only have a few products, I'm afraid this service is not available for individual home users.

Options
2024-03-06 04:26:20

@Clive_A 

It seems like there might be an oversight then as the release notes for v5.12.7 says "Omada Controller now supports Open API integration". However, without the root document, this is not very useful. Maybe an analogy would be like publishing a recipe but not listing the ingredients that you should use in the recipe.

Are you sure that the root document was not accidentally left out when TP-Link made the integration available?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 168

Replies: 4

Tags

Related Articles