wan to lan connections for internal use don't work

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-03-07 21:41:05 - last edited 2024-03-08 02:41:14
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I want to use the ER605 for internal purposes: it should connect two local and internal networks (192.168....)  without limitation.

The connection from the LAN network to the WAN network works well, but I can't get from the WAN network to the LAN network. 

Tracing the route in the WAN network shows that the packets go to IP address of the WAN interface, but there seems to be full stop.

I have not setup any NAT or firewall rules after installing the router.

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:wan to lan connections for internal use don't work-Solution
2024-03-08 02:40:23 - last edited 2024-03-08 02:41:14

Hi @Capricorn61 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

I think you might need a thorough reading on what is NAT.

This can be found on the Wikipedia. This should be very clear after you read it and understand what NAT is.

In short, expected behavior.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
2024-03-13 17:58:47 - last edited 2024-03-13 17:59:22

@Clive_A and @dariana_dev 

thanks for your advice, that helps. I'll use the ER605 in one of these ways.

Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
2024-03-08 02:40:23 - last edited 2024-03-08 02:41:14

Hi @Capricorn61 

I think you might need a thorough reading on what is NAT.

This can be found on the Wikipedia. This should be very clear after you read it and understand what NAT is.

In short, expected behavior.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:wan to lan connections for internal use don't work
2024-03-08 09:20:25

@Clive_A  to clarify my goal:

I have two local networks with the addresses 192.168.10.0/24 and 192.168.20.0/24 and want to connect both with the ER605. Any device in the 192.168.10.0 network should be able to get connected to any device in the 192.168.20.0 network - and vice versa.

I don't need and want NAT for this purpose, therefore I haven't set it up.

Options
2024-03-11 01:55:42

Hi @Capricorn61 

Capricorn61 wrote

@Clive_A  to clarify my goal:

I have two local networks with the addresses 192.168.10.0/24 and 192.168.20.0/24 and want to connect both with the ER605. Any device in the 192.168.10.0 network should be able to get connected to any device in the 192.168.20.0 network - and vice versa.

I don't need and want NAT for this purpose, therefore I haven't set it up.

This works.

This does not work, of course. What I understand from your description is this, too.

Options
2024-03-13 16:41:21

@Capricorn61 

By default ER605 blocks access from WAN to LAN. You need to add firewall rule that allows requests coming in from WAN side. Also, you'll probably need to add static route in your "WAN router" to point devices on it where to find "LAN network".

Options
2024-03-13 17:58:47 - last edited 2024-03-13 17:59:22

@Clive_A and @dariana_dev 

thanks for your advice, that helps. I'll use the ER605 in one of these ways.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 394

Replies: 5

Related Articles