ISP Load

ISP Load

ISP Load
ISP Load
2024-03-14 13:41:59 - last edited a week ago
Model: ER7206 (TL-ER7206)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.4.1 Build 20240117 Rel.57421

I only use vouchers for my clients @ 1-5Mbps each. By looking at my dashboard, I don't understand why my hotspot users can't even open a simple page. The gateway is only @ 7.2%. This is happening every day when users reaches 50 and above.

Testing my 2 ISPs on stand alone PC will give me 600Mbps and 300Mbps respectively.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:ISP Load-Solution
a week ago - last edited a week ago

I have figured-out that my ISP is Throttling my bandwidth when detecting too many users.

Recommended Solution
Options
7 Reply
Re:ISP Load
2024-03-15 01:11:31

Hi @Ric04jan72 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

So, do you troubleshoot from the devices connected via voucher?

This does not make any sense to me by pointing out this information. Plain description without any directive information or clues.

If possible, you can take a look at both articles.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2024-03-15 09:32:06

@Clive_A 

Yes I troubleshoot over 30 Devices connected to hotspot  via voucher.

It doesn't make sense for me if you have enough bandwidth and yet, you can not browse the internet under OMADA SYSTEM.

But testing my internet without passing the OMADA system will yield the proper bandwidth from my ISP and browsing the internet is super fast.

From a TP-Link customer point of view like me, some of your replies to our inquiries seems to be unethical.

Our questions/inquiries were making TP-Link OMADA better.

Options
2024-03-15 09:49:34

Hi @Ric04jan72 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Ric04jan72 wrote

@Clive_A 

Yes I troubleshoot over 30 Devices connected to hotspot  via voucher.

It doesn't make sense for me if you have enough bandwidth and yet, you can not browse the internet under OMADA SYSTEM.

But testing my internet without passing the OMADA system will yield the proper bandwidth from my ISP and browsing the internet is super fast.

From a TP-Link customer point of view like me, some of your replies to our inquiries seems to be unethical.

Our questions/inquiries were making TP-Link OMADA better.

So, what did you do? Speed test to verify that the speed is lower?

Checked DNS? Resolution good?

Any ping tests?

This is the whole point I am asking. There is no specific symptom but "not working, loading too slow".

If you want a fast and quick resolution to your question, you should make a proper question with information.

Asking this question without anything provided does not make any sense. I have pointed out that several times in both guidelines and other replies. I can simply replicate it in the test environment and highly likely that I won't yield the same result. I can ignore that as it might be a single case with your environment or setup. Yet, it does not help in your situation at all.

So, I do hope there are some questions with constructive information provided and that they will be fixed as soon as possible. I wrote many articles hoping to improve the community's ability to troubleshoot and ask questions, yet that seems discouraging to me. This is a business community and I think we should at least somehow know some basic techniques to troubleshoot and get things fixed quickly. And to discuss as well instead of asking a question without proper information or with an attitude of "just-give-me-the-answers".

I am not that stiff at work. And I won't be there if this is getting stiff. I hope you can read what's been there and propose a question and discuss. Instead of getting some low-effort give-answers-to-me questions. I think you might go for tech support because you can ask the tech rep and you can get a guaranteed reply without discussion and learning about Omada and networking knowledge.

Please note that I am not obliged to respond to every single reply. Well, I am doing my best out of courtesy to cover every single request and post and hoping to get every question asked resolved. But I don't think I should take my time into a vanity.

If you feel this is not the way you should get a reply, I am VERY sorry for my way of getting things straight if this makes you uncomfortable.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2024-03-15 11:06:41

@Clive_A 

I have provided a screenshot of my dashboard. You may not able to see and understand it like me. That is why you said, I have not provided anything.

1. Internet Capacity is 650Mbps
2. Gateway is only 7.25% utilized (OR only 47Mbps is being used. Where is the remaining 600+Mbps?)

QUESTION:

Browsing is not possible when hotspot users reaches over 50 even the Gateway is only at 1% utilized. BUT, browsing is super smooth when client is below 50.

Options
2024-03-16 06:56:45 - last edited 2024-03-16 07:18:11

@Ric04jan72 

You have focused on the gateway, I am quite sure that the problem does not lie there, what you have not said anything about is which access points and switches you have. are there many clients on 2.4 Ghz or are most on 5 Ghz? if you have 230 clients on 2.4 Ghz, there will be an extremely large amount of inference and the network will break down for that reason.

how many users are there at each access point, have you checked that there are no channels that do not overlap each other.

what channel width are you using, is it 40Mhz on 2.4 Ghz? or 160Mhz on 5 Ghz then you have almost no channels without overlap.

what do your WiFi settings look like? If you have enabled Airtime Fairness, this can cause problems for some devices.
If you have enough bandwidth, try setting upload and download to 20 Mbps for each user. I myself have the network in a hotel and there all users have 20Mbps on a lower line speed than you, it works without problems.

all radios are set to 20Mhz bandwidth on 2.4 and 5 Ghz on about 30 access point.

Options
2024-03-17 11:42:03

@MR.S 

Your reply is very useful in solving my network issues. I will shift now my attention to the settings of my APs.

I have disabled the Airtime Fairness today and used AI WLAN Optimization. I used 20MHz on 2.4 and 40Mhz on 5MHz. I will test it tomorrow in our School University. I am also suspecting that my network is breaking down when users reaches that number. I will also adjust the bandwidth of my clients to 20Mbps

Once again, your reply is a big help to me.

Options
Re:ISP Load-Solution
a week ago - last edited a week ago

I have figured-out that my ISP is Throttling my bandwidth when detecting too many users.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 199

Replies: 7

Related Articles