SG2428P - v5.2 - 5.20.2

EAP225 - v4 - 5.1.1

EAP225 outdoor - v3 - 5.1.1

I have set 3 VLANs

.10 - Main

.30 - IoT

.40 - Guest

and coresponding WLANs 

I have assigned IoT and Guest into a VLAN and everything works fine.

But my main WLAN when I assign to VLAN does not have an internet access, even when my main hard-wired desktop PC (part of VLAN10) has an internet access.

In other words if Main WLAN has set VLAN = no internet, if main WLAN does not have VLAN = internet

So in order to have internet over WLAN i cannot set the VLAN and then my clients connected wirelessly are not assigned to the correct VLAN

[screenshot 3 - below in next post - was not able to update it - would not save it]

Note: ignore the fact they are connected to AP - Garden (as it is still sitting on my desk so closest to those 2 devices)

Does anyone able to explain what I might be doing wrong as why I do not have an internet over WLAN if assigned to VLAN?

Thanks a lot

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:No internet via WLAN in VLAN-Solution
2024-03-25 20:35:47 - last edited 2024-03-27 01:27:54

Thanks  @Hank21 

my problem was that whatever connected to main SSID got automatically assigned .0.x address instead of .10.x

But I see your point here. And I made a change to my setup where I have created another VLAN .20. where i do all the main trafic (PC, phone etc...) and leaving the main .10. purely for the network devices (router, switch, controler aps....) - i feel that is even probably a neater solution

Jan

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:No internet via WLAN in VLAN
2024-03-22 09:38:16

screenshot 3

Options
2024-03-25 06:49:06

jan7456 wrote

Hello,

I just upgraded my home network to omada using

OC200 - v1 - 5.13.24

ER605 - v2 - 2.2.4

SG2428P - v5.2 - 5.20.2

EAP225 - v4 - 5.1.1

EAP225 outdoor - v3 - 5.1.1

I have set 3 VLANs

.10 - Main

.30 - IoT

.40 - Guest

and coresponding WLANs 

I have assigned IoT and Guest into a VLAN and everything works fine.

But my main WLAN when I assign to VLAN does not have an internet access, even when my main hard-wired desktop PC (part of VLAN10) has an internet access.

In other words if Main WLAN has set VLAN = no internet, if main WLAN does not have VLAN = internet

So in order to have internet over WLAN i cannot set the VLAN and then my clients connected wirelessly are not assigned to the correct VLAN

[screenshot 3 - below in next post - was not able to update it - would not save it]

Note: ignore the fact they are connected to AP - Garden (as it is still sitting on my desk so closest to those 2 devices)

Does anyone able to explain what I might be doing wrong as why I do not have an internet over WLAN if assigned to VLAN?

Thanks a lot

Hi@jan7456 

Do you need to have VLAN for main WLAN/SSID? If you just want the man WLAN/SSID has default LAN, there is unnecessary to enable the VLAN for main WLAN/SSID. You may just uncheck the VLAN box, which means you will use the default LAN of your network.

This description of default LAN on SSID setting will be optimized in the future controller version, currently you can just uncheck the VLAN on SSID setting.

Or you can share the SSID setting including advanced settings with VLAN setting page to us for further analysis.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Re:No internet via WLAN in VLAN-Solution
2024-03-25 20:35:47 - last edited 2024-03-27 01:27:54

Thanks  @Hank21 

my problem was that whatever connected to main SSID got automatically assigned .0.x address instead of .10.x

But I see your point here. And I made a change to my setup where I have created another VLAN .20. where i do all the main trafic (PC, phone etc...) and leaving the main .10. purely for the network devices (router, switch, controler aps....) - i feel that is even probably a neater solution

Jan

Recommended Solution
Options
2024-03-27 01:27:48

jan7456 wrote

Thanks  @Hank21 

Jan

Hi @jan7456 

Thanks for sharing.

We may need to check the LAN setting page of your main LAN before we can further analysis. But adding a new VLAN is also acceptable. 

Please feel free to share any of your points with us.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 165

Replies: 4

Related Articles