ER7212 VLAN Configuration

2024-03-22 17:24:26 - last edited 2024-03-25 02:03:14
Model: ER7212PC  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.3 Build 20230314 Rel.21018

Hi

I've just bought one of these for my home network and I am struggling to figure out how to configure the VLAN setup.

I've done this previously on a Netgear BR200 for work, but this was a couple of years ago so I may be forgetting something. I've searched for solutions, but I can't see much related to this model.

I've created a LAN and given it VLAN 2.

I've also created a Wireless LAN with the same VLAN number

I can connect to the Wireless LAN with my tablet, but it won't get an IP address. I presume that I need to allow DHCP to function on this VLAN but I can't see any settings to do this.

The only setting I can see might be relevant is:

DHCP L2 Relay : and I have enabled this with no effect I can see.

Thanks for the help.
Steve
Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:ER7212 VLAN Configuration-Solution
2024-03-25 01:00:22 - last edited 2024-03-25 02:03:14

Hi  @leatherman 

You may refer to this guide. If there is a question about how to set it up, please paste a screenshot of the part where you don't understand. 

Creating the VLAN interface would apply to the ports. Do you apply the VLAN to the proper ports? Set up SSID VLAN for your Omada EAP or other AP(refer to their guides). 

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:ER7212 VLAN Configuration-Solution
2024-03-25 01:00:22 - last edited 2024-03-25 02:03:14

Hi  @leatherman 

You may refer to this guide. If there is a question about how to set it up, please paste a screenshot of the part where you don't understand. 

Creating the VLAN interface would apply to the ports. Do you apply the VLAN to the proper ports? Set up SSID VLAN for your Omada EAP or other AP(refer to their guides). 

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:ER7212 VLAN Configuration
2024-03-26 10:02:09

@leatherman Hi Clive. Thanks for the response. I found the PVID settings easily enough, and I am familiar with them. Right now I am trying to create a Wireless VLAN only.

I will study the document and get back to you if I have any further questions.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 151

Replies: 2

Related Articles