EAP235-Wall v1, Firmware 3.2 feedback

2024-03-23 20:22:02
Model: EAP235-Wall  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 3.2.0

Tried the beta firmware on my OC200 managed EAP235-wall v1 access points. 

Very poor performance for Android and Windows clients after upgrade completed.  Unable to even load this forum. Rolled back to 3.1.1 and it is back to normal. 

Why is the thread for that firmware locked so feedback can't be added right there?

Options
7 Reply
Re:EAP235-Wall v1, Firmware 3.2 feedback
2024-03-23 21:16:44

@dunxd 

Thanks for the feedback...hoping they iron out these bugs before dropping the full release.

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options
2024-03-25 10:00:19

dunxd wrote

Very poor performance for Android and Windows clients after upgrade completed.  Unable to even load this forum. Rolled back to 3.1.1 and it is back to normal. 

Why is the thread for that firmware locked so feedback can't be added right there?

Hi @dunxd 

Have you tried the beta firmware from EAP230-Wall V1, EAP235-Wall V1 3.0.2_Build 20240103 Pre-release (Released on Mar 8th, 2024)?

And what is your controller version? Will this issue occur on EAP in standalone mode as well?

Thanks for your feedback.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2024-03-25 20:39:00 - last edited 2024-03-26 08:15:38

@Hank21 The link you posted is broken. I used the firmware from the link I posted, which looks like the most recent beta. I would have posted in that thread if it wasn't locked.

The controller version is v5.13.24 running on an OC200.

I don't have any standalone EAPs to try on.

Correction - the firmware I used is the one from https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/659074 which I think is the one you meant to link to. That is the one I had problems with. I dont know how I ended up posting a link to an old beta firmware I never tried.

Options
2024-03-26 02:59:44

dunxd wrote

@Hank21 The link you posted is broken. I used the firmware from the link I posted, which looks like the most recent beta. I would have posted in that thread if it wasn't locked.

Correction - the firmware I used is the one from https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/6https59074 which I think is the one you meant to link to. That is the one I had problems with. I dont know how I ended up posting a link to an old beta firmware I never tried.

Hi @dunxd 

What about the firmware from this link?

https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/659074

Can you try to download the firmware from this link and try to upgrade again?

Please let me know if you still encounter the same issue.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2024-03-26 03:00:04 - last edited 2024-03-26 08:27:13

Hi @dunxd 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

dunxd wrote

Correction - the firmware I used is the one from https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/6https59074 which I think is the one you meant to link to. That is the one I had problems with. I dont know how I ended up posting a link to an old beta firmware I never tried.

Here's your OP.

dunxd wrote

You are linking to a firmware that was released last year which indicates you are confused in my opinion.

Hank posted the latest pre-release firmware which was released recently.

So, what's the exact firmware you are having trouble with? Please describe clearly. Firmware version is 3.0.2, not 3.2. 3.2.0. Please use the correct form.

The latest pre-release firmware is not as locked as you originally posted.

And why is it locked? Because that firmware has been out of date and of course we locked it.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2024-03-26 08:21:20

@Clive_A as I said in the original post it is 3.2 which I had a problem with. Not 3.0.2 to which I posted a link in error. I've explained that already.

If there wasn't a sticky post in the forum that linked to old beta firmware right at the top, I probably wouldn't have made this error. Next time I won't post any links as it seems to be a distraction.

I'm giving feedback about the current beta firmware 3.2. It is unusable in my experience.

Options
2024-03-26 09:02:14

dunxd wrote

@Clive_A as I said in the original post it is 3.2 which I had a problem with. Not 3.0.2 to which I posted a link in error. I've explained that already.

If there wasn't a sticky post in the forum that linked to old beta firmware right at the top, I probably wouldn't have made this error. Next time I won't post any links as it seems to be a distraction.

I'm giving feedback about the current beta firmware 3.2. It is unusable in my experience.

Hi @dunxd 

Understand your concern. Could you provide me with some insights and screenshots into the following questions to further investigation?

1. Once you upgrade to 3.2.0, will you find the signal strength change on your controller? You can go to controller > Clients > Click your wireless client and check the statistic.

2. What about the speed you get from the EAP235-Wall before and after you upgrade the firmware? Please try to go to the speedtest.net and take some screenshots of the results.

Thanks for your patience.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 184

Replies: 7

Related Articles