ER706w-4G doesn't reconnect back to main wan automatically after dropout to backup

ER706w-4G doesn't reconnect back to main wan automatically after dropout to backup

2024-03-24 06:51:13
Model: ER706W-4G  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: ER706W-4G_V1_1_0 1.20231129.54168(4555)

Hi

i've been having constant issues with the failover where once it fails over to the backup in this case 4g it stays on 4g permanently and doesn't auto connect back to the main wan.

I've noticed that for some reason it's constantly dropping off main wan but not sure if it's the router or the internet connection irrespective it should revert back to main wan.

Load Balancing is ticked.

Link Backup is set :

- WAN2 Primary WAN

- Backup WAN LTE

- Mode: Backup when all primary WANs fail.

it fails over to LTE no problem but never switches back. i've left it running over night.

any help appreciated.

Options
4 Reply
Re:ER706w-4G doesn't reconnect back to main wan automatically after dropout to backup
2024-03-25 01:15:45

Hi @locn 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Make sure you have properly configured it.

If you are certain that you have configured it correctly, show me the screenshot of your config as well as your test methodology.

If you have any questions, the above KB should resolve all of them about the load balancing.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
Re:ER706w-4G doesn't reconnect back to main wan automatically after dropout to backup
2024-03-25 02:22:28

@Clive_A 

i think it's all correct.

let me know if you need any thing else?

when it drops out wan2 goes "offline" but then the only way to reconnect it is i have to go into the "network" -> "wan2" the manually hit "connect"

strange thing is even when it says "offline" in the "online detection" under "network" -> "wan2" it'll say connected with the IP address.

Options
2024-03-25 02:32:58

Hi @locn 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

OK. I see. You should try the controller mode where you have the option to "always link primary". Adopting the controller would erase your settings. Please be aware of this. Config from standalone does not work on the controller.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2024-03-25 03:00:13 - last edited 2024-03-25 03:05:15

yeah problem is it's a small business and they don't have anything on all the time to install the controller and i don't want to buy the OC200 just for 1 device. i've setup a few ER605 standalone and the failover works fine though. so i'm not sure if it's a firmware issue that needs to be addressed.

i was planning to install a few more of these all in AIO units but don't want to spend the money until i know for sure it's not the firmware issue.

Options