WiFi7 mesh on 6Ghz and maximum hop count?

2024-03-24 18:51:10 - last edited 2024-03-28 10:47:46

I'm wondering if the WiFi7 APs such as the EAP773, EAP783 can mesh on their 6Ghz radios?  Also, how many hops can the mesh extend?

I do understand all the negatives of meshing, I'm just trying to figure out what's actually possible.  

Thanks

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:WiFi7 mesh on 6Ghz and maximum hop count?-Solution
2024-03-25 05:42:19 - last edited 2024-03-28 10:47:46

ddenson wrote

I'm wondering if the WiFi7 APs such as the EAP773, EAP783 can mesh on their 6Ghz radios?  Also, how many hops can the mesh extend?

I do understand all the negatives of meshing, I'm just trying to figure out what's actually possible.  

Thanks

Hi@ddenson 

When install the EAP mesh network, we cannot select the channel between the EAPs manually. The root EAP and mesh EAP will communicate with each other via auto channel selection. We should pay attention to the signal strength and coverage of root EAP.

The Maximum Hop number is 3, and we will suggest you to use as less Hop as possible in Mesh network to improve the wireless performance.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:WiFi7 mesh on 6Ghz and maximum hop count?-Solution
2024-03-25 05:42:19 - last edited 2024-03-28 10:47:46

ddenson wrote

Thanks

Hi@ddenson 

When install the EAP mesh network, we cannot select the channel between the EAPs manually. The root EAP and mesh EAP will communicate with each other via auto channel selection. We should pay attention to the signal strength and coverage of root EAP.

The Maximum Hop number is 3, and we will suggest you to use as less Hop as possible in Mesh network to improve the wireless performance.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 116

Replies: 1

Related Articles