Cannot add ER605 to Omaha Cloud or Omada App

2024-04-01 18:30:30 - last edited 2024-04-12 08:43:07
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.1+

I had purchased ER605 mostly for multi WAN capabilities as I work from home and need to be up 100% of time, I use ER605 with AX55 router, but I am planning to get few EAP access points for ER605. I have few questions.

Can I link EAP650 with ER605 directly? will it work ?? Do I need POE jetstream switch even for one AP?? I have power by each ethernet port, rather not buy it yet.

Why I cannot add ER605 to Omada cloud page and Omada app? I get wierd messages that device is not compatible or that I have too many deives on cloud account, but I dont have any, ER605 would be my first one.

Please be kind, I have tried to find info anywhere but its just not there or its too hard to find.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Cannot add ER605 to Omaha Cloud or Omada App-Solution
2024-04-02 01:39:45 - last edited 2024-04-12 08:43:07

Hi @KrisPawlak 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

KrisPawlak wrote

I had purchased ER605 mostly for multi WAN capabilities as I work from home and need to be up 100% of time, I use ER605 with AX55 router, but I am planning to get few EAP access points for ER605. I have few questions.

Can I link EAP650 with ER605 directly? will it work ?? Do I need POE jetstream switch even for one AP?? I have power by each ethernet port, rather not buy it yet.

Why I cannot add ER605 to Omada cloud page and Omada app? I get wierd messages that device is not compatible or that I have too many deives on cloud account, but I dont have any, ER605 would be my first one.

Please be kind, I have tried to find info anywhere but its just not there or its too hard to find.

Depends on your connection. If you are gonna connect the power adapter to supply power, you can connect the Ethernet to ER605.
Switch would only be necessary if you need more ports and you have some other fancy stuff to do with L2-releated. If you just need regular Ethernet ports, get unmanaged switch to extend your ports.

Future-proof? You can get one in case you add more stuff in the future.

Not sure how you can add the router to the Omada app. Usually, you should bind the Omada router to the Omada Controller. Then Controller to the Cloud app and TP-Link ID account. Scan to add on the Omada app is adding the hardware controller which has a QR code on the label. For other models, they should be added to the Omada Controller first.

CBC would be annually charged for devices you have.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Cannot add ER605 to Omaha Cloud or Omada App-Solution
2024-04-02 01:39:45 - last edited 2024-04-12 08:43:07

Hi @KrisPawlak 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

KrisPawlak wrote

Depends on your connection. If you are gonna connect the power adapter to supply power, you can connect the Ethernet to ER605.
Switch would only be necessary if you need more ports and you have some other fancy stuff to do with L2-releated. If you just need regular Ethernet ports, get unmanaged switch to extend your ports.

Future-proof? You can get one in case you add more stuff in the future.

Not sure how you can add the router to the Omada app. Usually, you should bind the Omada router to the Omada Controller. Then Controller to the Cloud app and TP-Link ID account. Scan to add on the Omada app is adding the hardware controller which has a QR code on the label. For other models, they should be added to the Omada Controller first.

CBC would be annually charged for devices you have.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 239

Replies: 1

Related Articles