Omada Controller - EAP613 fails to adopt remote controller

2024-04-03 12:07:35
Tags: #Adoption #Omada

Hi,

I'm trying to connect my EAP613 to my Hardware Controller, which is not on the same network.
For this, I've checked that the EAP613's network firewall allows port 29810-29814 across the Internet.

I also set up NAT port forwarding on the router of my hardware controller, you can find the topolohy below :

In the Controller interface, I can see that my EAP was discovered and is waiting to be adopted, but when I try to do so, it tells me that it can't adopt the device because it doesn't respond to adoption commands.

Any ideas what it might be ?

Thanks.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Omada Controller - EAP613 fails to adopt remote controller
2024-04-07 02:49:46

Clement-OCII wrote

Hi,

I'm trying to connect my EAP613 to my Hardware Controller, which is not on the same network.
For this, I've checked that the EAP613's network firewall allows port 29810-29814 across the Internet.

I also set up NAT port forwarding on the router of my hardware controller, you can find the topolohy below :

In the Controller interface, I can see that my EAP was discovered and is waiting to be adopted, but when I try to do so, it tells me that it can't adopt the device because it doesn't respond to adoption commands.

Any ideas what it might be ?

Thanks.

Hi @Clement-OCII 

It seems that the communication between EAP and Omada Hardware Controller is blocked. We have detail configuration steps to Manage Omada Devices at Different Sites Using Omada SDN Controller via Port Forwarding, could you please try to download the Omada Discovery Utility and run it on the PC within firewall? Please try to input the public IP of Box ADSL again on Omada Discovery Utility. 

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Re:Omada Controller - EAP613 fails to adopt remote controller
2024-04-17 07:03:12

@Hank21 Already tried it. 
It says the operation succeeds : 

when I retry to adopt the device, I still get the same error message : 

Options