ER7212PC routing entre VLANs sin internet

2024-04-08 01:38:50 - last edited 2024-04-09 02:25:08
Model: ER7212PC  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.1

I need to communicate 2 controllers Siemens and they are in 2 different IP ranges. So bought this router to communicate them. I did the configuration of VLANs and works well the assignement of IPs. I did the configuration of Profiles, Gateway ACL and Routing but doesnt work the Communication between the controllers. 

We havent internet (WAN) in this app. 

The provider say me that ER7212PC can so that. But I am not sure. 

Thanks

Options
15 Reply
Re:ER7212PC routing entre VLANs sin internet
2024-04-09 02:23:50 - last edited 2024-04-09 02:25:00

Hi @CGG_mov 
Thanks for posting in our business forum.

The provided information is very limited. I am not sure who recommended it and what feature they say would make it work.

Please provide more details. Glad to see if you have a diagram to illustrate this.

P.S. Routing is not necessary. If you are creating the VLAN interfaces, they work bi-VLAN and communication is okay by default. ACL is not needed as well.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2024-04-10 18:36:05

@Clive_A Hi! and thanks for your support. 

- We are working with the firmware version 1.1.1, the controller had V1.0.1, then we downloaded V1.0.3, and then the controller recommended us to download V1.1.1. 

- The hardware version is 1.0

We contacted with the support in Argentina and they ask for us some screenshots that I added. We did several tests.

- We created just one VLAN 100 for connection of the PLC Siemens who has IP 192.168.100.10 (fixed IP, but we tested with DCHP as well, and it doesnt work neither). We used notebooks as well for be sure the problem wasnt the PLC, and nothing change. We coonected to the port LAN5 (in the real life this PLC go to be connected in the SFP1 with a tranceiver TL-SM311LS because the factory have a SM fibber optic for this PLC, but now we dont have fibber to test).

- We used the default LAN as a VLAN0 for connection of the PC with an SCADA app running, this PC has IP 192.168.0.2. This PC has a fixed IP, but we tested with a free address and nothing change. 

- We assigned the VLAN to the ports in the controller in the Omada app.

Until here, we have 2 clients connected, each on their own VLAN and the router assign an IP to both equipments (when we put the VLAN in DHCP server), the equipments take them, all right. They are visibles in the Omada controller as clients. But if we do a ping to the other client in the other VLAN he doesnt answer. 

But some thing founded: 

- If one client do ping to the Default Gateway, for example ping from client 192.168.0.2 to DG 192.168.100.1, we have answer. From both clients.

- If we create 5 new VLANs for ex, all the pings are answered from any of the 2 clients when we target to the default gateways of their corresponding VLANs.

- If we create a new connection for internet, the 2 clients have internet.

- We created profiles for testing about tagged or untagged but nothing happen.

- Then we created some VLANs and putted some PCs over them to be sure we didnt having confilcts wirh the LAN0 which the router work, but nothing.

- We created ACLs but nothing change.

- The router create Routing tables automatically, we cant modify them. But if you create new one, nothing change. 

- In the screenshots we can see 4 clients connected correctly (after the first test we decided to connect more equipment to see if we could have other conclutions, but not.  

Regards!

Options
2024-04-10 18:39:02
File:
Topologia y referencias.pdfDownload
Options
2024-04-10 18:39:28
File:
ER7212PC.pdfDownload
Options
2024-04-10 18:41:29

When the support saw the pdf´s file, they answer to us that the app should works, they are tring to find out what is the problem still

Options
2024-04-11 07:14:57

Hi @CGG_mov 

CGG_mov wrote

When the support saw the pdf´s file, they answer to us that the app should works, they are tring to find out what is the problem still

There is nothing wrong with the config. It is supposed to work. PC on this port should get Internet as well. Does it? PC on WAN/LAN4

Try to upgrade the firmware first.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2024-04-11 13:05:28

@Clive_A. Thanks again. 

I go to download from the Global, because this notice say I should download from Argentina, and in the Argentina page is not available for download. Do you think I might have a problem?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To Upgrade

IMPORTANT: To prevent upgrade failures, please read the following before proceeding with the upgrade process

• Please upgrade firmware from the local TP-Link official website of the purchase location for your TP-Link device, otherwise it will be against the warranty. Please click here to change site if necessary.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One comment, on yesterday we started all again from zero after we readed your comments, and we had an advance. We created again the VLANs as Interface (not as VLAN) and we assigned the VLANs as DHCP server and our PCs as DCHP clients. So one PC had answer from another PC in another VLAN like we need it. But if we work without DHCP server in router, the application doesnt work. It was an big advance, but we need to work with fixed IPs because the 2 equipments (PC and PLC) are just a part of 2 big networks in the factory of our client and these 2 equipments are running with fixed IP and we can´t change it. 

Regards

Options
2024-04-12 01:01:16

Hi @CGG_mov 

CGG_mov wrote

@Clive_A. Thanks again. 

I go to download from the Global, because this notice say I should download from Argentina, and in the Argentina page is not available for download. Do you think I might have a problem?

To Upgrade

IMPORTANT: To prevent upgrade failures, please read the following before proceeding with the upgrade process

• Please upgrade firmware from the local TP-Link official website of the purchase location for your TP-Link device, otherwise it will be against the warranty. Please click here to change site if necessary.

You may write an email to local support at soporte.ar@tp-link.com and report this delay on the firmware update on your model.

You can continue to download from the global site. We usually keep the global site latest. If you want any latest news or firmware, you may check it out. (Not applicable to wireless devices which involve wireless adaptation.)

CGG_mov wrote

One comment, on yesterday we started all again from zero after we readed your comments, and we had an advance. We created again the VLANs as Interface (not as VLAN) and we assigned the VLANs as DHCP server and our PCs as DCHP clients. So one PC had answer from another PC in another VLAN like we need it. But if we work without DHCP server in router, the application doesnt work. It was an big advance, but we need to work with fixed IPs because the 2 equipments (PC and PLC) are just a part of 2 big networks in the factory of our client and these 2 equipments are running with fixed IP and we can´t change it. 

Regards

I am not gonna recommend you do this unless you know what you are doing.

From what you described, you seem to want to bypass the DHCP server? That'll be a static IP case. Everything in this network is supposed to be set statically.

Let me be clear, what you do is supposed to be a VLAN interface. If you want to develop this further, refer to the guide to make sure you understand everything discussed in it. It is very important to know about them before you improvise on them.

Options
2024-04-12 13:29:46

@Clive_A Hi Clive!

I readed the Configuration Guide that you recommended but I am not sure how to apply to my case because that guide is made with other controller, not ER7212PC. And in my case, I have a more simplified network. I made a graphic representation and I added here to you know what is my user case. 

Note: In the top, the current network which I need to find a solution to communicate 2 equipments Siemens that are in differents networks, in the bottom the proposed solution where I have just one equipment to intall, the ER7212PC as a gateway or router. 

In my tests I added others PC to have more equipments to see if I can do mahe them work, but they are not represented in the arquitecture

1- The first question if: Is possible to have a solution installing only a ER7212PC? I dont have another equipment in mind. 

2- The second question: As this application is with equipments with fixed IPs (all the equipments works with fixed IP, it doesnt accept DHCP). How I should do the configuration? I was testing differents configurations but for the moment I can´t make it work. I saw the follow:

a- When I configure the VLAN as a DHCP server and put 2 notebooks as clients in DHCP, these clients receive a response from the other client when they ping

b- If I change the VLANs to without DHCP server and the clientes to fixed IP, I havent answer when I do ping

c- If I do a mix between the both items above (VLANs in Omada as DHCP server but I put fixed IPs to the clients, dont work

Please could talk me about?. Thanks. Gaston 

Options
2024-04-12 13:31:02

@CGG_mov The pdf file with the networks

File:
Current network and solution.pdfDownload
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 575

Replies: 15