ER7212PC routing entre VLANs sin internet

ER7212PC routing entre VLANs sin internet

15 Reply
Re:ER7212PC routing entre VLANs sin internet
2024-04-16 03:33:19

Hi @CGG_mov 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

CGG_mov wrote

@Clive_A Hi Clive!

I readed the Configuration Guide that you recommended but I am not sure how to apply to my case because that guide is made with other controller, not ER7212PC. And in my case, I have a more simplified network. I made a graphic representation and I added here to you know what is my user case. 

Note: In the top, the current network which I need to find a solution to communicate 2 equipments Siemens that are in differents networks, in the bottom the proposed solution where I have just one equipment to intall, the ER7212PC as a gateway or router. 

In my tests I added others PC to have more equipments to see if I can do mahe them work, but they are not represented in the arquitecture

1- The first question if: Is possible to have a solution installing only a ER7212PC? I dont have another equipment in mind. 

2- The second question: As this application is with equipments with fixed IPs (all the equipments works with fixed IP, it doesnt accept DHCP). How I should do the configuration? I was testing differents configurations but for the moment I can´t make it work. I saw the follow:

a- When I configure the VLAN as a DHCP server and put 2 notebooks as clients in DHCP, these clients receive a response from the other client when they ping

b- If I change the VLANs to without DHCP server and the clientes to fixed IP, I havent answer when I do ping

c- If I do a mix between the both items above (VLANs in Omada as DHCP server but I put fixed IPs to the clients, dont work

Please could talk me about?. Thanks. Gaston 

1. Yes.

2. Configure the DHCP reservation.

After you configure the DHCP reservation, you should reconnect your devices or reboot them to get the reserved IP address. Then you should try again and check your IP address.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2024-04-16 17:18:22

@Clive_A Hi!

Sadly doesnt work for us. I tryied with:

- DHCP server in the VLANs configurations

- Services/ DCHP Reservation Entry where I put the IP adresses in correlation with MAC Adress like in the attached .pdf file. 

- The Router detects the clients connected like in the attached .pdf file. 

Note: You will see that I added a new notebook called Dell 15700 Admin as an new equipment to can test, because the PLC doesnt permit change to DHCP, it only accepts fixed IP. 

Then, if I change both PCs (Dell 15700 and ThinkPad SCADA Stage 1) to DHCP in the network card of the own notebook, in that case work and the client Dell15700 responds to the ping from ThinkPad SCADA Stage 1). So, looks like the app only work in DHCP, which doesnt is possible for this application where the clients have fixed IPs. 

We go to use other router/switch for have a solution for our client because they need to start the factory. But if you have a new recommendation for us, we will gladly test it as we have bought the equipment and have to use it in some other opportunity. Thanks and regards. Gaston 

File:
Clientes conectados.pdfDownload
Options
2024-04-17 05:47:00

Hi @CGG_mov 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

CGG_mov wrote

@Clive_A Hi!

Sadly doesnt work for us. I tryied with:

- DHCP server in the VLANs configurations

- Services/ DCHP Reservation Entry where I put the IP adresses in correlation with MAC Adress like in the attached .pdf file. 

- The Router detects the clients connected like in the attached .pdf file. 

Note: You will see that I added a new notebook called Dell 15700 Admin as an new equipment to can test, because the PLC doesnt permit change to DHCP, it only accepts fixed IP. 

Then, if I change both PCs (Dell 15700 and ThinkPad SCADA Stage 1) to DHCP in the network card of the own notebook, in that case work and the client Dell15700 responds to the ping from ThinkPad SCADA Stage 1). So, looks like the app only work in DHCP, which doesnt is possible for this application where the clients have fixed IPs. 

We go to use other router/switch for have a solution for our client because they need to start the factory. But if you have a new recommendation for us, we will gladly test it as we have bought the equipment and have to use it in some other opportunity. Thanks and regards. Gaston 

If it only accepts the static IP, you should configure the IP manually. If the client is not sending out the DHCP, you should manually set up the IP.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2024-04-17 12:08:10

@Clive_A Good morning. 

I am configuring manually the IP in the clients from the beginning, because I am simulating the real network where the clients dont permit me to left empty the IP field in the network card. I tested: 

1- Setting an IP address in DHCP reservation and the same time setting the IP in the network card (IPv4) of the clients

2- Without an IP address in DHCP reservation and always setting the IP in the network card (IPv4). 

3- When I use 2 notebooks simulating the real clients, in that case I can set both network cards (IPv4) as DHCP, and setting IP reservation, in that case the notebooks take the IP whinch work well, and the clients repply to the pings

4- When I use the same 2 notebooks simulating the real case, both in DHCP in the own network cards and the LANs in DHCP without IP reservation, the app work well as well. 

In the cases 1 and 2, where the clients have fixed IP configured by hand, the app doesnt work. In the cases 3 and 4 where the clients take the IP from router the app work well. 

All the time, I reboot, unplug and reconnect the cables, the omada controller show the clients like connected as you can see in the .pdf file, but they dont repply to the pings in any both sides. 

We reached out to local support in Argentina, but they don't seem to have a ER7212PC to really test, so the recommendations are a bit narrow and basic and in reference to what the theory says and how it should be, but not a real test.

Regards

Gaston 

Options
2024-04-17 18:21:18

@Clive_A Good afternoon. 

Well, looks like the router is working well... after try with several tests, we ask for IT if they could check all the configurations again.... and they found a configuration in the firewall  that were blocking the echos... So, we have a great advance for now, tomorrow we go to check with the real application running the SCADA app and checking the communication from the database to PLC, running the communication drivers and all other softs. 

Thanks again 

Gaston 

Options
Related Articles