ER605v2 router using Omada Controller is not connecting to External Wireguard Server

ER605v2 router using Omada Controller is not connecting to External Wireguard Server

3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.2.3 Build 20231201 Rel.32918

Hi all, i have being fighting with this config

My architecture is like this

* Main site, run a wireguard server on OPNSENSE

* Multiple branches, each one with tplink devices (er605, switches, access points) connected to omada controller in main site but i have to put an OpenWRT router in between my tplink er605 and internet, becouse i cant establish a direct connection with my wireguard server from them, so im using this openwrt router to connect my tunnels to be able to see my remotes tplink devices.

Im pretty sure there is no problem on server side, i have 6 of this openwrt routers connected and working perfectly, also have around 30 individuals clients connected and working, but the er605 are not connecting, and i dont know why?

I have to mention that im trying now with another er605 i have in main site for testing, and this config im sharing im using it with this er605 connected directly to main router LAN ports, and main router shows it works, its connected, but as soon as i move the er605 outside main router LAN, it never connects again

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:ER605v2 router using Omada Controller is not connecting to External Wireguard Server-Solution

I finally found my problem.

i hope it helps others

It seems even if configs are saved inside each router, the router will not connect to vpn if controller is absent, so when i put the branch router outside the lan i was hoping wireguard tunnel will establish first so router can connect to the controller via the vpn, but it doesnt work in that way

I had to open public ports and redirect to controller in main router, so my branch routers can connect to controller before establishing the vpn

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:ER605v2 router using Omada Controller is not connecting to External Wireguard Server
3 weeks ago
summarizing with this config, when er605 (client) is connected directly to opnsens (server) LAN it shows the wireguard connection ok but with same configs when i connect client directly to internet, it doesnt connect, not even the handshake is done
Options
Re:ER605v2 router using Omada Controller is not connecting to External Wireguard Server-Solution

I finally found my problem.

i hope it helps others

It seems even if configs are saved inside each router, the router will not connect to vpn if controller is absent, so when i put the branch router outside the lan i was hoping wireguard tunnel will establish first so router can connect to the controller via the vpn, but it doesnt work in that way

I had to open public ports and redirect to controller in main router, so my branch routers can connect to controller before establishing the vpn

Recommended Solution
Options