How to separate two networks sharing a single cable?

3 weeks ago
Model: TL-SG105E  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.0.0 Build 20220930 Rel.36078

Hi folks,

As shown here, I have an IPTV receiver and a NAS in the same room sharing only a single cable. I'm unable to connect the NAS device directly to my home router.

I'm experiencing loops or other problems if I somehow don't separate traffic individually for IPTV and Home network devices.

So can you please help me how to configure my two smart switches to separate two networks having same subnet in one single cable? IPTV traffic and NAS/Laptops traffic should be isolated from each other.

I have no access to ISP router. I can set home network to be different subnet if it's important. I have configured home router to not reach ISP router for DHCP requests. If I just set both switches in default mode (no VLANs) everything is still working but for some time, then because of the TTL errors I have to unplug the cable going from the home router to the switch to let devices access the internet again.

Any advice?

Options
2 Reply
Re:How to separate two networks sharing a single cable?
3 weeks ago

Hi @LevAnni 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

IGMP Snooping should be enabled.

And you should set up VLAN to separate the network.

Please refer to this guide:

How to configure 802.1Q VLAN on TP-Link Easy Smart/Unmanaged Pro Switches

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
Re:How to separate two networks sharing a single cable?
3 weeks ago

@LevAnni thanks!

Options