Configuration in Standalone Mode with multiple SSIDs and VLANs

2024-04-18 19:58:33
Model: ER706W  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: ER706W(EU)_V1_1.0.4 Build 20240319

Hi all,

first, I want to say thank you for taking the time and consider helping here.

Some details upfront to capture the situation of what I am trying to achieve with my ER706W router. I have already read and spent quite some time with the manual, but it is very much not helpful to generate the outcome I want. I would like to know what I would have to configure for this, in my opinion, very simple and straightforward setup.

Configuration in Standalone Mode - getting internet through ISP via PPPoE WAN - no other devices apart from this ER706W router since it has wireless functionality integrated.

I want to have 3 different networks (one for private devices, one for IoT isolated devices, one for guests) translating to 3 different SSIDs / LANs / VLANs with dedicated IP ranges. Devices mostly connected through the SSIDs. For the sake of simplicity, all clients in the SSIDs / LANs should get internet, but clients in each of the separate SSIDs/LANs should not be able to find other clients in other SSIDs/LANs.

My configuration simplified:

LAN config:

LAN10 with IP range 10.0.1.10 - 10.0.1.20 (VLAN 10)

LAN30 with IP range 10.0.1.30 - 10.0.1.40 (VLAN 30)

LAN50 with IP range 10.0.1.50 - 10.0.1.60 (VLAN 50)

WIRELESS config:

SSID10 (VLAN ID 10) - IP range 10.0.1.10 - 10.0.1.20

SSID30 (VLAN ID 30) - IP range 10.0.1.30 - 10.0.1.40

SSID50 (VLAN ID 50) - IP range 10.0.1.50 - 10.0.1.60 (as Guest Network enabled)

Group IP and IP Address config:

"GROUP ID 10" with "IP address 10" with 10.0.1.10 - 10.0.1.20

"GROUP ID 30" with "IP address 30" with 10.0.1.30 - 10.0.1.40

"GROUP ID 50" with "IP address 50" with 10.0.1.50 - 10.0.1.60

My issues are:

-) When connecting a mobile device (mobile phone or pad) via SSID - the assigned IP in the Wireless section is a random IP and has nothing to do with the ranges I set above. How is this possible? A glitch? When I look at the client list in the LAN section, the IP matches the respective IP range for that LAN.

-) How would I have to configure the wireless settings or LAN settings or ACLs or anything else to block clients from one SSID/LAN finding clients in the other two SSIDs / LANs?

Would very much appreciate your help on those issues, as I cannot seem to find a solution for this with the manual and reading through the community so far.

Thank you very much,

N2xTech

Options
1 Reply
Re:Configuration in Standalone Mode with multiple SSIDs and VLANs
2024-04-19 01:13:26 - last edited 2024-04-19 01:16:52

Hi @N2xTech 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Can you try out the FAQ in the note area? That seems to be what you need.

Configuration Guide How to Set Up VLAN Interface on the Omada Router

1. IP should be DHCP if you have DHCP enabled. Clients get the DHCP IP from the range. It should not show up as an IP outside the range. I would like to see screenshots of your problem description in this.

If the client is a static IP, that's not a problem with the router. You should set the IP type on your client.

2. ACL would do it. Explained in the guide above, too.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options