Services over VPN

Services over VPN

14 Reply
Re:Services over VPN
3 weeks ago

@slamjam 

ignore the last answer, it was idiotic, you get the telnet to port 445 smiley

I don't have any more suggestions for you then. it seems very strange, maybe you should contact tp-link support they can probably help you a bit more, maybe look at the remote or something

perhaps you can also ask on the fortinet forum, as I said, I have a lot of site to site vpn on different tp-link routers and it mostly works without problems.

Options
3 weeks ago

@MR.S Hi there, very new to Omada devices and would appreciate some assistance if you have time

i have 3 surgeries that i need to link via a VPN to mainly just provide the LAN-to-LAN connection and have their stock system connected through the 3 branches

the plan is to get 3 vpn routers (ER707 M2's), 3 PCs to act as controllers for each router and of course the necessary switches... we plan on having all 3 routers under on tp-link account as well

so my question is, i have seen you can use Auto IPSec to establish a vpn connection if all the devices are connected to the cloud, does this refer to a cloud controller or just devices linked to the same tp-link account? If all three sites have a stock system that's for example on the same 172.100.64.x range, will that cause conflicts on the VPN? Or is it a matter of whatever is on the lower level can be setup in any way as long as it points to the correct IP on the other side?

Options
3 weeks ago

@Fergus_Tecnova 

If you are going to use auto ipsec, all sites must be on the same controller. But I've never gotten it to work, I don't know why, I've never bothered to ask TP-Link about this either, so I probably can't help you with that. I have done IPsec manually, it is quite easy and quick to do.

all IP networks must be unique on each site that will communicate via the VPN tunnel.

If you need more information about AutoIPsec, make a post under router on the forum and you will probably get help from TP-Lin

Options
3 weeks ago

@MR.S I have been digging around for info on this but what you just gave me now is very useful thanks... We were just thinking of using auto IPSec because it seems like the easiest and most simple way to do it but if manual is what we have to do then we'll do it.

Our current setup is also site to site but via some unifi equipment and towers, we want to break away from that and keep things as simple as possible and keeping all 3 sites under unique IP addressing makes sense, complete DHCP right across the board was the option but I'm starting to think otherwise.

Thanks so much for the reply, really appreciate it

Options

Tags

Related Articles