TP Link ER605 load balancer - reduces network speed - any ideas

2024-04-22 18:24:37 - last edited 2024-04-24 01:37:57
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.1.2 Build 20230210 Rel.62992

I have 2 X 4g modems link via the ER605 load balancer to the tp-link mesh system. The mesh is excellent but the load balancer appears to slow the network down. When I connect the mesh directly to one of the 4g modems I get download and upload speeds of circa 50 mbps. When I attach both 4g modems to the ER605 and then to the mesh it drop to circa 30 mpbs.

The only configuration change I have made is assigning 2 WAN ports and obviously the mesh connects to port 4 LAN.

Any ideas?

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:TP Link ER605 load balancer - reduces network speed - any ideas-Solution
2024-04-23 01:44:16 - last edited 2024-04-24 01:37:57

Hi @LeeGibson 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

1. Load balance does not add up speed.

2. If may be balanced to one of the slow WANs. Because you have 4 active WAN in LB and it is randomly using one of them.

Best Regards! On Holiday If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
2024-04-23 08:25:52 - last edited 2024-04-24 01:38:03

Hi @LeeGibson 

LeeGibson wrote

@Clive_A 

Thank you for clarifying that load balancing does not add up the speeds of the available WANS. Obvious question, is there a tp-link product that would add up the speeds?

No. No devices from us can do this.

In the KB I wrote, I have explained that. There are some services that may utilize all the sessions so that it looks like it is adding up the speed but that is not a guarantee and not a real way to add up the speed.

It is not as simple as you think that will add up your Internet speed. Session is the key in this conversation. Understand the session and you know why that is.

Best Regards! On Holiday If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
2024-04-23 01:44:16 - last edited 2024-04-24 01:37:57

Hi @LeeGibson 

1. Load balance does not add up speed.

2. If may be balanced to one of the slow WANs. Because you have 4 active WAN in LB and it is randomly using one of them.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:TP Link ER605 load balancer - reduces network speed - any ideas
2024-04-23 06:30:44

@Clive_A 

Thank you for clarifying that load balancing does not add up the speeds of the available WANS. Obvious question, is there a tp-link product that would add up the speeds?

Options
2024-04-23 08:25:52 - last edited 2024-04-24 01:38:03

Hi @LeeGibson 

LeeGibson wrote

@Clive_A 

No. No devices from us can do this.

In the KB I wrote, I have explained that. There are some services that may utilize all the sessions so that it looks like it is adding up the speed but that is not a guarantee and not a real way to add up the speed.

It is not as simple as you think that will add up your Internet speed. Session is the key in this conversation. Understand the session and you know why that is.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 477

Replies: 3

Related Articles