Share VLANs between 2 SG3428X v1.0

2024-04-29 19:19:49 - last edited 2024-05-09 15:33:11
Model: TL-SG3428X  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Using Google Translate, sorry

Hi, I have 2 SG3428x v1.0 switch. One is connected to a Mikrotik that has the VLANs and the DHCP, on that SG3428X I have 22 ports configured with VLANs and working OK. 

Now I have to configure the other SG3428x in a way that it lets me pass the vlans of the other switch, I already tried with the tagged and untagged ones (as I configured the 1st switch) but it doesn't work.

Port 2 of the switch where the mikrotik is connected (in port 1) I connected it to port 1 of the new SG3428, in that port 2 I configure so that there are some vlans that I need to pass to the other switch, but I can't find a way to configure them and that the dhcp of the mikrotik of the 1st switch reaches the 2nd switchI'm going to try to make a graph so maybe it's better understood, but if anyone understood the problem and can help me, I'm grateful.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Share VLANs between 2 SG3428X v1.0-Solution
2024-05-08 02:34:53 - last edited 2024-05-09 15:33:11

Hi @Egbolla 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Egbolla wrote

@Clive_A I share with you some images, in the first image is how it is currently working OK, the 2nd image is how I need it to be working

See the picture.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
7 Reply
Re:Share VLANs between 2 SG3428X v1.0
2024-04-30 05:35:32

Hi @Egbolla 

Have you tried this article?

How to Configure VLAN on TP-Link Switch

VLAN should be tagged if you need to pass over several VLANs. That's the trunk. Think it is still a problem with tag and untag.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2024-05-01 13:59:39

@Clive_A 

Hello, thanks for responding. Yes I did that, that's why switch 1 works ok for me, but when interconnecting sw1 with sw2 I can't get the vlans to pass to switch 2, taking as an example the same configuration as on switch 1, that's why I ask if someone can help me with that part

Options
2024-05-06 12:30:23

Hi  @Egbolla 

Egbolla wrote

@Clive_A 

Hello, thanks for responding. Yes I did that, that's why switch 1 works ok for me, but when interconnecting sw1 with sw2 I can't get the vlans to pass to switch 2, taking as an example the same configuration as on switch 1, that's why I ask if someone can help me with that part

Can you show me the diagram of your network?

What do you want to trunk?

I should have these information before I move on to the specific instructions for you.

Options
2024-05-07 12:52:06

@Clive_A I share with you some images, in the first image is how it is currently working OK, the 2nd image is how I need it to be working

Image 1

Image 2

Options
Re:Share VLANs between 2 SG3428X v1.0-Solution
2024-05-08 02:34:53 - last edited 2024-05-09 15:33:11

Hi @Egbolla 

Egbolla wrote

See the picture.

Recommended Solution
Options
2024-05-08 14:35:36

@Clive_A  yes, that's what I did originally, using the same logic as for the 1st which worked OK, but surely as I was told around here, there must be a problem with the tagged / untagged. Thank you very much, I'm still trying but it's on that side apparently

Options
2024-05-09 15:33:04

Fixed, for some reason I still haven't discovered the Tagged / Untagged that didn't work for me before, now yes, it was really simple as I thought at first but I don't know why it didn't work before.

I put as a Recommended Solution the post where the image of TAG 10 & 20 is because it is simply that, I would like to know why it did not work before so I share the probable error, but I still don't know, thanks to those who responded helping me

Options