Failed to obtain the IP address

2 weeks ago
Model: OC300  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

We are facing a problem with your hardware controller after an update. The ER8411 v1.0 VPN has a total of 11 WAN/LAN ports, but we are currently using only 5 WAN ports, with the rest being used as LAN ports. The first 3 ports on the VPN are SFP ports, which you are not utilizing. However, we are unable to switch the SFP+ WAN1 port to be recognized as a LAN port. Consequently, the VPN continuously attempts to connect through this WAN1 port, leading to errors in the controller log. This issue is also impacting our internet connectivity when the error occurs in the Omada Controller log.

It seems that there is a mis-configuration or compatibility issue with the WAN1 SFP+ port, preventing it from being recognized as a LAN port.

Options
10 Reply
Re:Failed to obtain the IP address
2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago

@AnnusKhan 

SFP+ WAN1 is WAN by default and can not be changed to LAN port.

which VPN are you using, can you show a screenshot of the VPN configuration?

and you should upgrade the firmware on the router, the version you are using is old.

Options
2 weeks ago

@MR.S 

We are using ER8411 v1.0 TP Link VPN router with OC300 Hardware Controller

I have already attempted to upgrade the VPN firmware, but I encountered the same problem. The main reason for not upgrading the VPN router is that, after the firmware upgrade, I faced another issue with dropped WAN connectivity. As a result, clients experienced internet connectivity problems. Consequently, we decided to downgrade the firmware of the VPN router, and after the downgrade, the WAN connectivity of the VPN became stable I have attached pictures of the VPN Configuration for your reference.

Options
2 weeks ago

@AnnusKhan 

ok, but what I don't understand is why you're having problems with SFP+ WAN1 when you haven't connected anything to this port.

I don't see any VPN screenshot, can you show me how VPN_RT is configured?

Options
2 weeks ago

@MR.S 

Yes, that it my question that why the VPN trying connect network from SPF/WAN1 

its already unplugged, sorry what configuration you want can you share me demo any thing 

Options
2 weeks ago

@AnnusKhan 

May I ask why you have 5 WAN configured? is it not enough with 1 max 2 for failover?

can you show me a screenshot of VPN_RT, isn't it a VPN tunnel to a remote site?

Options
2 weeks ago

@MR.S 

We have renamed our TP-Link VPN router as "VPN_RT," but we are not using it for VPN protocols. Instead, we are using it to manage and connect multiple WAN sources (5G routers) together. The WAN port of the TP-Link router is configured to use DHCP protocol, and the internet source is obtained from the five 5G routers connected to the WAN port of the VPN router.

Options
2 weeks ago

@MR.S

If you want to remotely connect to my computer to check the configuration, I will provide you access of our hardware controller using Any Desk.

Options
2 weeks ago

@AnnusKhan 

ok, yes it sounds like a complicated solution, it's not that easy to help without having access to your system, you can contact support, maybe they can do a remote session to your network.
there are so many things that can go wrong when you stack 5 routers to the internet.

Options
2 weeks ago

AnnusKhan wrote

@MR.S

If you want to remotely connect to my computer to check the configuration, I will provide you access of our hardware controller using Any Desk.

@AnnusKhan 

No I dont do that, You have to contact support mybe they can do.

Options
a week ago

Can we disable the VPN SFP-WAN-1 port from the Remote Control Terminal?

If possible, could someone share the command?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 173

Replies: 10

Related Articles