Er707-m2 CityFibre

Er707-m2 CityFibre

Er707-m2 CityFibre
Er707-m2 CityFibre
2024-05-15 19:53:07 - last edited 2024-05-19 10:24:24
Model: ER707-M2  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I'm trying to connect to CityFibre, which requires VLAN 911 setting. I'm with Yayzi as a provider, and I've been able to connect an Asus router with no problems. I was also able to connect pfsense router
With this new TP-Link device, updated to the latest firmware, I simply can't get it to connect. 
Any tips?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Er707-m2 CityFibre-Solution
2024-05-17 10:39:11 - last edited 2024-05-19 10:24:24

@MR.S @Clive_A 
Thanks both for your support, ideas, and encouragement. 
Because I'd been assured repeatedly that MAC address cloning wasn't required, and because I'd powered down and hard reset the ONT, I just hadn't cloned the MAC address of the old device. No point given the assurances. 
This morning the ISP's own pre-configured router arrived. That didn't work either. 
In desperation, I cloned the MAC address of the old device into the ER707-M2. 
Go on. One guess. Did it work, or did it fail like every other thing I tried?

IT WORKED 🤣

Recommended Solution
Options
22 Reply
Re:Er707-m2 CityFibre
2024-05-16 01:27:14

Hi @ckdash 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Choose the correct Connection Type and enable VLAN. Input the correct VLAN ID provided by the ISP. Same steps for the controller.

If this doesn't work, please post your config.

If possible, along with the Wireshark screenshot about the WAN connection. Please use the filter to check your corresponding connection type. Do not paste the text format.

How to capture packets using Wireshark on SMB router or switch

How to Use Port Mirror to Capture Packets in the Controller

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update! ☛Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2024-05-16 06:07:02 - last edited 2024-05-16 06:13:47

@Clive_A 

thanks. I have done exactly that. I have also tried the priority unset ( as in your screenshot ) and set to 0 (as per my ISP guidance. 

There is a note in some TP-Link guidance:

"If VLAN for the WAN port is enabled, you need to enter a VLAN ID. Then the WAN port is automatically assigned to the VLAN. By default, the egress rule of the VLAN is UNTAG, so the packets are transmitted by the WAN port without VLAN tags. If you want the WAN port to transmit packets with VLAN tag, you need to configure its egress rule as TAG"

The problem is that you can't set this for the default WAN port. So I cleared the port 1 VLAN settings and tried setting the second port as a WAN port with VLAN set to 911. When you do this, it automatically creates a VLAN rule with port 2 set to Tag. That doesn't work either. 
I wondered if the problem was the 2.5Gbps ports so I set port 3 to WAN and set VLAN to 911 (after removing VLAN 911 from other ports). No joy. 

I'll set up Wireshark this morning and have a try. 

Options
2024-05-16 06:11:09

Hi @ckdash 

ckdash wrote

@Clive_A 

thanks. I have done exactly that. I have also tried the priority unset ( as in your screenshot ) and set to 0 (as per my ISP is guidance. 

There is a note in some TP-Link guidance:

"If VLAN for the WAN port is enabled, you need to enter a VLAN ID. Then the WAN port is automatically assigned to the VLAN. By default, the egress rule of the VLAN is UNTAG, so the packets are transmitted by the WAN port without VLAN tags. If you want the WAN port to transmit packets with VLAN tag, you need to configure its egress rule as TAG"

The problem is that you can't set this for the default WAN port. So I tried setting the second port as a WAN port with VLAN set to 911. When you do this, it automatically creates a VLAN rule set to Untag -?it doesn't do this for port 1. That doesn't work either. 
I wondered if the problem was the 2.5Gbps ports so I set port 3 to WAN and set VLAN to 911 (after removing VLAN 911 from other ports). No joy. 

I'll set up Wireshark this morning and have a try. 

If you need to be tagged, you can check out the controller mode where you have the option to make it tagged.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update! ☛Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2024-05-16 06:21:03
Thanks. I’ll try this. I have an OC200 - presumably I set it in there? So set the device to be managed by the controller - I’m not by the device now, but I think I recall where that setting is - then go to the OC200 and adopt the router.
Options
2024-05-16 06:27:25

Hi @ckdash 

ckdash wrote

Thanks. I’ll try this. I have an OC200 - presumably I set it in there? So set the device to be managed by the controller - I’m not by the device now, but I think I recall where that setting is - then go to the OC200 and adopt the router.

Note that if you adopt it, it will reset your ER707 first and then apply the settings that come from the controller.

Settings > Wired Networks > WAN. Advanced Settings.

Options
2024-05-16 07:37:19

@Clive_A thanks for your continued help. 
I've set to use the OC200. Still no joy. 
You mentioned above using Wireshark. Is it possible to use the OC200 packet capture to monitor the traffic from the router?

Options
2024-05-16 07:48:09

Hi @ckdash 

ckdash wrote

@Clive_A thanks for your continued help. 
I've set to use the OC200. Still no joy. 
You mentioned above using Wireshark. Is it possible to use the OC200 packet capture to monitor the traffic from the router?

No.

If you have set up the VLAN in both controller and standalone mode and it does not work, then it is not a problem with the router.

I think you should check your WAN physical connection and consult this with your ISP. Something must be wrong with your connection or settings.

Options
2024-05-16 08:56:11

@Clive_A Thanks. It's odd. My Asus router works. Previously a pfsense device has worked. 
No idea what's going on. I'm in touch with my ISP

Options
2024-05-16 09:16:37

Hi @ckdash 

ckdash wrote

@Clive_A Thanks. It's odd. My Asus router works. Previously a pfsense device has worked. 
No idea what's going on. I'm in touch with my ISP

Reboot the modem? Common practice when you have a new router arrived. Connect the new router and reboot the modem.

Options
2024-05-16 10:30:35

@Clive_A I know. Everything rebooted - multiple times. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 765

Replies: 22

Related Articles