ER706W, Omada Controller breaks the router

2024-05-16 06:14:27 - last edited Thursday
Model: ER706W  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.4

Hi,

when adopting the router to an omada controller (device, not docker) with version 5.13.30.20, it breaks the router.

After the adopting, or in the process of adopting I can see some funtions of the router, but the device shuts down completly.

No LEDs are lit, no Ethernet or WIFI function. Even the sys-LED is dark.

After powercycling the device, the LEDs are on for a short time, the router completly shuts down again.

Only chance to get it back to working is to reset it.

Is this a known issue? Could the device be broken? (without adopting, the fuction is normal)

Greetings from Germany,

Michael

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:ER706W, Omada Controller breaks the router-Solution
2024-05-19 10:18:00 - last edited Thursday

Hi  @Micha72 

Micha72 wrote

I am not in the 192.168.0.1/24 LAN. I had to change the IP of the router first to fit in my LAN of 192.168.178.1/24. I will try the TP-Link recomended Range of 192.168.0.1/24 when I get my new Internet-provider (I change from cable to fiber, therefore I choose this router because it has a sfp an wifi onboard) Perhaps this is also way

With a similar model I tested before, and our article writers tested with a similar model to set up the mesh, it worked with the controller well. So, my assumption to this would be that subnet issue. The model has not received a warning about its firmware. I am more inclined to believe it is an issue with the environment or config.

Try the default one and see if you can resolve this successfully.

If necessary, after some verification and troubleshooting, we may need to collect your model and you can start this process with our technical support team. They'll arrange that for you if this is true. Let's see what result you get.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
10 Reply
Re:ER706W, Omada Controller breaks the router
2024-05-16 06:17:09

Hi @Micha72 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

When being adopted, it will enter the reset mode first and settings are applied to the device and reboot.

Can you make sure it is not your case?

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2024-05-16 06:27:10

@Clive_A 

I waited for the adopting process approx 1h. Then I made a powercycle because the router shutted down.

Now, the router can't get to functioning again.

Each time after plugging the powercable in, all LEDS shortly blink, the sys LED stays lit, and after 30sec the router completly shuts down.

I tried 3times a complete router reset, adopting again, every time the same effect.

Accespoints are adopting fine.

I will try a omada docker instance later to look, if the omada controller version isn't compatible with the router

Greetings,

Michael

Options
2024-05-16 06:29:50

Hi @Micha72 

Micha72 wrote

@Clive_A 

I waited for the adopting process approx 1h. Then I made a powercycle because the router shutted down.

Now, the router can't get to functioning again.

Each time after plugging the powercable in, all LEDS shortly blink, the sys LED stays lit, and after 30sec the router completly shuts down.

I tried 3times a complete router reset, adopting again, every time the same effect.

Accespoints are adopting fine.

I will try a omada docker instance later to look, if the omada controller version isn't compatible with the router

Greetings,

Michael

Not sure if this relates to the docker. 1 hour is not normal anymore.

So, can you try the software controller which can be downloaded to the Linux or Windows. Try that one. If this does not persist on them, I think it is a problem with the docker version Controller.

We do not maintain the docker controller which means it is fan-made and it is not a part of our program. We only have Linux and Windows software controllers available.

Options
2024-05-16 06:33:21
Ah, no, we misunderstood, I have an omada controller (the real device), my thought is that the version on this controller perhaps has a bug or something. Therfore I want to try a docker, or as you mention the software to lsee where the error could be
Options
2024-05-16 07:46:45

Hi @Micha72 

Micha72 wrote

Ah, no, we misunderstood, I have an omada controller (the real device), my thought is that the version on this controller perhaps has a bug or something. Therfore I want to try a docker, or as you mention the software to lsee where the error could be

Yeah. I thought you were using the Docker. For the docker, I am not familiar with that and there is no official version of it.

Can you check if your LAN interface is on 192.168.0.1/24? If no, you should consider reconnecting your devices after the adoption(reboot) is done.

About what you described, that's something I've never seen. It is completely off and has no LED light on it. Strange.

You can try to reset the controller, and leave everything on default and adopt it. Will it work?

If this persists, reset everything. Please record a video of your adoption process.

Options
2024-05-18 06:38:36

@Clive_A 

So, I tested it with a Docker Instance of the Omada Controller. Same issues.

It doesn't adopt correctly to the Software and is broken after beeing trying to be adopted.

Also it issnt possible anymore to log in to the device via webgui (cause it's taken bey the controller).

What I have seen is, that on the way to adopting, for a short time all functions where there in the controller app. But then somewhere in the further configuring these disappear and the router became not accessible anymore.

I think, I will use the router without the omada sdn controller. And will use it only for the APs....

Perhaps in a further version this problem is solved

Options
2024-05-18 06:44:42
I am not in the 192.168.0.1/24 LAN. I had to change the IP of the router first to fit in my LAN of 192.168.178.1/24. I will try the TP-Link recomended Range of 192.168.0.1/24 when I get my new Internet-provider (I change from cable to fiber, therefore I choose this router because it has a sfp an wifi onboard) Perhaps this is also way
Options
Re:ER706W, Omada Controller breaks the router-Solution
2024-05-19 10:18:00 - last edited Thursday

Hi  @Micha72 

Micha72 wrote

With a similar model I tested before, and our article writers tested with a similar model to set up the mesh, it worked with the controller well. So, my assumption to this would be that subnet issue. The model has not received a warning about its firmware. I am more inclined to believe it is an issue with the environment or config.

Try the default one and see if you can resolve this successfully.

If necessary, after some verification and troubleshooting, we may need to collect your model and you can start this process with our technical support team. They'll arrange that for you if this is true. Let's see what result you get.

Recommended Solution
Options
Tuesday

Hi @Micha72,

i have a similar problem, but how did you create a vlan for the client of the ap? with this "mixed" mode

Thank you

Federico

Options
Wednesday

@Federico97 

Hi Federico,

Sorry, I don't understand your question. I have no different VLAN on my controller, all the devices are in the same vlan.

My Problem was the integration in my existing LAN with the IP Range 192.168.178.0/24.

The router can't get in this and the result of trying was everytime that I had to reset everything.

My only solution right now is to leave all in the default TP-Link Range 192.168.0.0/24.

That seems to work fine and I will leave it there.

Greetings,

Michael

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 314

Replies: 10

Related Articles