Trying to secure Network

Trying to secure Network

Trying to secure Network
Trying to secure Network
2024-05-18 01:29:43 - last edited 2024-05-20 02:44:28
Model: EAP225-Outdoor  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

HELP!!! Brand new just trying to get this up and running, i can not figure out the Omada software, i have a starlink system that i have now connected the new AC1200 to and it broadcasts 2 open TP-Link paths which i want to lock down with a password to access but i can not seem to figure out how to get into them.

when i try to find new devise on the omada i get an error Too many PRECONFIGURED devices. Available licenses are not enough.

i can access it, and then this is actually posted using the new wifi device so i know i am on the internet, but i need to lock it donw.

thanks in advance

Craig

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Trying to secure Network-Solution
2024-05-18 04:18:37 - last edited 2024-05-20 02:44:28

@GreyWolf_MBRR 

The AP will get an IP from the Starlink router just like any other device.  You should be able to figure out what IP it was assigned via the clients list on the starlink router (I sold mine coupla years back so cannot get specific for you).  Once you know the IP, point your browser at it, ie http://ip.of.eap-device

From there you can set the AP mgmt password, and also customize the wifi networks aka SSIDs.

Good choice btw  the eap225-outdoor is a great addition to a Starlink setup 👌

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Trying to secure Network-Solution
2024-05-18 04:18:37 - last edited 2024-05-20 02:44:28

@GreyWolf_MBRR 

The AP will get an IP from the Starlink router just like any other device.  You should be able to figure out what IP it was assigned via the clients list on the starlink router (I sold mine coupla years back so cannot get specific for you).  Once you know the IP, point your browser at it, ie http://ip.of.eap-device

From there you can set the AP mgmt password, and also customize the wifi networks aka SSIDs.

Good choice btw  the eap225-outdoor is a great addition to a Starlink setup 👌

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Trying to secure Network
2024-05-20 02:47:03

Hi  @GreyWolf_MBRR 

To manage your EAP and secure the network, you don't have to use Cloud Based Controller. CBC is not free to use.

You can easily use Omada APP to do that in standalone mode.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 167

Replies: 2

Related Articles