Omada Software Controller an Vigi VMS on the same machine?

2024-05-19 07:05:39 - last edited 17 hours ago
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello everyone,

does anyone know, whether the Omada SW controller and the Vigi VMS can be run on the same machine? Both use a/the Mongo database, hence my question. Will there be any conflicts?

Thanks, 

Thomas

@Forum Admins: For transparency - have posted the identical question in the Omada controller forum. 

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:Omada Software Controller an Vigi VMS on the same machine?-Solution
2024-05-19 11:34:00 - last edited 17 hours ago

Hi  @Eg64 

Eg64 wrote

@Clive_A 

Hi Clive,

Thanks for your quick answer! And a orry for not having been precise.

What I meant was that both Omada and Vigi are  using - sorry again for my wording - the/a Mongo database. At least, I remember seeing a hint to Mongo also in a description on how to install/implement the Vigi VMS. For Omada it's clear.

My question now was whether the two applications can be installed and run in parallel on he same machine (in my case the VMS parallel to the already running Omada controller) or if the applications will conflict for any reason (e.g. two instances of a Mongo database are not possible in parallel).

Fully understood that the two lines (Omada and Vigi) are fully independent from each other.

Thanks for clarifying!

Br Thomas

My bad. I thought it was something else.

I think they can be run on the same machine. The computer I used for test purposes are installed with the VSM, VMS and Omada Software Controller.
I recalled that I run VMS and Software Controller at the same time once before. After the VMS installation, I launched it and it worked (I never close Omada Controller because I have devices running in the background.)

There should be no problem AFAIK.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
2024-05-19 16:52:10 - last edited 17 hours ago

Can confirm that it works.

Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:Omada Software Controller an Vigi VMS on the same machine?
2024-05-19 09:56:24 - last edited 17 hours ago

Hi @Eg64 

No. Two products are separate product lines and we do not have plans to integrate them in the same hardware.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2024-05-19 10:39:22 - last edited 17 hours ago

@Clive_A 

Hi Clive,

What I meant was that both Omada and Vigi are  using - sorry again for my wording - the/a Mongo database. At least, I remember seeing a hint to Mongo also in a description on how to install/implement the Vigi VMS. For Omada it's clear.

My question now was whether the two applications can be installed and run in parallel on he same machine (in my case the VMS parallel to the already running Omada controller) or if the applications will conflict for any reason (e.g. two instances of a Mongo database are not possible in parallel).

Fully understood that the two lines (Omada and Vigi) are fully independent from each other.

Thanks for clarifying!

Br Thomas

Options
2024-05-19 11:34:00 - last edited 17 hours ago

Hi  @Eg64 

Eg64 wrote

@Clive_A 

Hi Clive,

Thanks for clarifying!

Br Thomas

My bad. I thought it was something else.

I think they can be run on the same machine. The computer I used for test purposes are installed with the VSM, VMS and Omada Software Controller.
I recalled that I run VMS and Software Controller at the same time once before. After the VMS installation, I launched it and it worked (I never close Omada Controller because I have devices running in the background.)

There should be no problem AFAIK.

Recommended Solution
Options
2024-05-19 12:39:23 - last edited 17 hours ago
Options
2024-05-19 16:52:10 - last edited 17 hours ago

Can confirm that it works.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 336

Replies: 5

Related Articles