TL-SG3428XF PortSecurity Violation not working & STICKY-MAC not configurable

2024-05-23 18:52:42
Model: TL-SG3428XF  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.60

Hi guys, 

I am working on TL-SG3428XF to create port-security (sticky mac) on a switchport and that the port should be blocked on receiving another mac (moving of the workstations).. which i am unable to, the only configuration i could do is to enable a Static MAC address, moreover, i dont see any configuration to what the violation should be like nor even it shutdown the port on receiving a different mac to what it has learnt. The only thing it says is that on enabling max-macs = 1, no new MACs could be learnt but its not blocking/shutdown the port on learning a violating mac.

The configs are shown below:

interface gigabitEthernet 1/0/1

switchport general allowed vlan 33 untagged

switchport pvid 33

mac address-table max-mac-count max-number 1 mode permanent status drop exceed-max-learned enable

!

Any suggestions please?

Options
2 Reply
Re:TL-SG3428XF PortSecurity Violation not working & STICKY-MAC not configurable
2024-05-24 01:17:22

Hi @kleghari 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

I see that your Port Security configuration ok.

Have you checked the learned MAC address during your test?

Do you have to bind a static MAC address to the 1/0/1?

What's the MAC address table like when you have your Mac connected to 1/0/1?

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
Re:TL-SG3428XF PortSecurity Violation not working & STICKY-MAC not configurable
2024-05-24 08:48:28
Thanks for a prompt response Clive, really appreciate. Yes, i need to static bind a mac to this port; is it the global config configuration that sets a mac to a specific port? Furthermore, thats the output i got: show mac address-table interface gigabitEthernet 1/0/1 MAC Address Table ------------------------------------------------------------ MAC VLAN Port Type Aging --- ---- ---- ---- ----- 00:d8:61:22:f1:e3 33 Gi1/0/1 config static no-aging
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 141

Replies: 2

Related Articles