5.14.x - Controller will randomly not start due to Unsatisfied dependency / Circular Reference

5.14.x - Controller will randomly not start due to Unsatisfied dependency / Circular Reference

2024-05-31 11:05:31 - last edited 2024-07-12 13:36:22
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

This was reported on my repo for the container image I build.  This is happening for both the beta and GA versions of 5.14.x: both of the latest beta versions, 5.14.0.11 and 5.14.20.9 and the 5.14.26.1 GA version.  There are reports of the app not starting.  Oddly enough, it's a scenario where you can take the same Docker image, run it on two identical machines (same OS, same kernel, same Docker version) and get two different results.  One will run it fine, the other won't.  This is a brand new, clean installation with no previous controller configuration data.  I will try to post the logs as a follow up but it keeps saying I am posting an "illegal link" in my post for some reason - probably something in the text of the post.

Options
40 Reply
Re:Beta controller will randomly not start due to Unsatisfied dependency - multiple users reported
2024-05-31 11:15:15

Here is a link to the log output: https://github.com/user-attachments/files/15512450/out2.txt

Options
Re:Beta controller will randomly not start due to Unsatisfied dependency - multiple users reported
2024-05-31 11:16:17
05-31-2024 10:44:47.289 ERROR [main] [] o.s.b.SpringApplication(): Application run failed
org.springframework.beans.factory.UnsatisfiedDependencyException: Error creating bean with name 'com.tplink.smb.omada.identityaccess.domain.model.openapi.c.q': Unsatisfied dependency expressed through field 'e'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.UnsatisfiedDependencyException: Error creating bean with name 'com.tplink.smb.omada.identityaccess.port.common.a.a': Unsatisfied dependency expressed through field 'c'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.UnsatisfiedDependencyException: Error creating bean with name 'com.tplink.smb.omada.identityaccess.port.common.e.a': Unsatisfied dependency expressed through field 'b'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.UnsatisfiedDependencyException: Error creating bean with name 'com.tplink.smb.omada.identityaccess.b.p': Unsatisfied dependency expressed through field 'm'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.UnsatisfiedDependencyException: Error creating bean with name 'com.tplink.smb.omada.identityaccess.domain.model.user.A': Unsatisfied dependency expressed through field 'c'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCurrentlyInCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'com.tplink.smb.omada.identityaccess.port.mongo.adaptor.persistence.tenant.a': Bean with name 'com.tplink.smb.omada.identityaccess.port.mongo.adaptor.persistence.tenant.a' has been injected into other beans [com.tplink.smb.omada.identityaccess.domain.model.d.q] in its raw version as part of a circular reference, but has eventually been wrapped. This means that said other beans do not use the final version of the bean. This is often the result of over-eager type matching - consider using 'getBeanNamesForType' with the 'allowEagerInit' flag turned off, for example.
Options
2024-06-04 02:52:17

@mbentley 

Based on the log, it seems some information failed to be retrieved. Were you attempting to run the controller with root privileges?

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2024-07-10 12:46:45

@Hank21 - sorry, I did not get a notification of your reply.  No, I am not running the controller as root, I've created a non-root user to run it as.

Options
2024-07-10 12:55:43

@Hank21 - someone else reporting that the 5.14.26.1 release also will randomly have the same problem: https://github.com/mbentley/docker-omada-controller/issues/441#issue-2400650196

Options
2024-07-10 15:22:31

I am affected by this bug as well. I hope it does not occur on productive release of 5.14.

Options
Re:5.14.x - beta & GA Controller will randomly not start due to Unsatisfied dependency
2024-07-10 16:05:04

@mbentley I am having the same issue. Hopefully @Hank21 can help

Options
2024-07-10 16:16:41

@Konni I have the same issue. Have not been able to get 5.14 to start, had to downgrade to 5.13.

Options
Re:5.14.x - beta & GA Controller will randomly not start due to Unsatisfied dependency
2024-07-10 16:38:41

@mbentley I am having same issue as well w/ the latest 5.14 release. I rolled back to 5.13 successfully. 

Options
2024-07-10 21:29:53

Watchtower just upgraded my omada controller to 5.14.26.1 and it runs into the same issue. I have reverted back to 5.13.30.8 which is working fine.

Options