Unable to resolve local hostname when WAN is down.

2024-06-07 03:21:01 - last edited 2024-06-07 03:24:06
Model: OC300  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello TP-Link Community,

I recently set up a network using the ER7206 router, SG2428P switch, and OC300 controller. However, I've encountered a recurring issue: when the internet goes down or the ISP's DNS server fails to resolve domain names, my entire local network is unable to resolve the hostnames of devices on the same subnet/LAN.

This issue disrupts file sharing and printer sharing in my office, and the only way to connect to other devices is by using their direct IP addresses.

Can anyone explain why this happens? How can I configure Omada to ensure that LAN file and printer sharing work regardless of the internet connection status?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Omada Topology

Options
1 Reply
Re:Unable to resolve local hostname when WAN is down.
2024-06-11 01:58:01

Hi @itsupuls 

Do you have a local DNS server on your network? Currently the ER7206 does not support to work as local DNS server to resolve the local hostnames. 

itsupuls wrote

Hello TP-Link Community,

I recently set up a network using the ER7206 router, SG2428P switch, and OC300 controller. However, I've encountered a recurring issue: when the internet goes down or the ISP's DNS server fails to resolve domain names, my entire local network is unable to resolve the hostnames of devices on the same subnet/LAN.

This issue disrupts file sharing and printer sharing in my office, and the only way to connect to other devices is by using their direct IP addresses.

Can anyone explain why this happens? How can I configure Omada to ensure that LAN file and printer sharing work regardless of the internet connection status?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Omada Topology

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 226

Replies: 1

Related Articles