voucher portal web access issue

2024-06-08 11:12:12
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I am in the process of implementing a voucher portal for WiFi using TP-Link hardware.  Omada software controller is running on a PC.

When attempting to connect to the WiFi from various devices, web browsers all show warnings.  Is there a way to make the voucher portal web pass the authentication attempt by the web browsers?  What I am really trying to avoid is having the WiFi users ignore and proceed to the portal website despite the warnings on the screen.

Options
3 Reply
Re:voucher portal web access issue
2024-06-11 02:46:04

Hi  @floorsweeper 

Not sure if I understand you correctly, could you please show me the screenshot of that "warning page" you see on the devices? 

Did you enable "HTTPS Redirection" on the portal configuration page? 

Please also check if you have the newest controller version and newest firmware for your EAP. 

floorsweeper wrote

I am in the process of implementing a voucher portal for WiFi using TP-Link hardware.  Omada software controller is running on a PC.

When attempting to connect to the WiFi from various devices, web browsers all show warnings.  Is there a way to make the voucher portal web pass the authentication attempt by the web browsers?  What I am really trying to avoid is having the WiFi users ignore and proceed to the portal website despite the warnings on the screen.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2024-06-11 05:03:57

@Fae 

The first picture below is from cellphone and the second one is from a notebook computer.  What the web browser are complaining about is the certificate.  Omada controller is acting like a web server for its captive portal and it is using a self-signed certificate, so the web browsers are issuing warnings about it.  I was wondering whether I could somehow obtain and install a certificate from a certificate authority to silence the web browsers' warning about website safety.    

Options
2024-06-11 07:45:18

Hi  @floorsweeper 

The controller supports upload certificate for HTTPS. It's on Global View->System Settings.

floorsweeper wrote

@Fae 

The first picture below is from cellphone and the second one is from a notebook computer.  What the web browser are complaining about is the certificate.  Omada controller is acting like a web server for its captive portal and it is using a self-signed certificate, so the web browsers are issuing warnings about it.  I was wondering whether I could somehow obtain and install a certificate from a certificate authority to silence the web browsers' warning about website safety.    

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 450

Replies: 3

Related Articles