Votes

2FA for VPN

Votes

2FA for VPN

21 Reply
RE:2FA for VPN
3 weeks ago

Hi @bambinotenchie 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

bambinotenchie wrote

This feature is a MUST-HAVE since it is common nowadays.

May I know what vendors have implemented this?

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago

@Clive_A For now, our company is using 2FA for Fortinet VPN, 2FA in our Cisco router and 2FA in our H3C router. I have been thinking that even logging in to the console and web console of the TP-Link should be able to use 2FA. But, maybe this can be gradually implement in the future.

Alex Kota Kinabalu, Sabah Malaysia
Options
3 weeks ago

@bambinotenchie 

but none of them have built-in 2fa, 2fa is managed on an external radius server, you can do the same with Omada routers if you use SSL VPN, I agree that it would have been cool to have 2fa on Omada's radius server once in the future :-)

Options
3 weeks ago
Yes. You are right! But it is good to have TP-Link have it in future firmware releases.
Alex Kota Kinabalu, Sabah Malaysia
Options
3 weeks ago
Would be good to have 2FA built in to simplify the setup in small business environments. The additional cost to implement MFA via Azure etc is quite substantial.
Options
3 weeks ago
It's necessary for my organization.
Options
Sunday - last edited Sunday

Literally REQUIRED by compliance rules in many cases. Expected basic functionality at this point for years now.  We really do need this.  I honestly thought this existed already.

Options
Sunday - last edited Sunday

@Clive_A Fortinet, SonicWall, OPNSense, PFSense, Meraki, they all pretty much have this functionality implemented now...

Options
Monday

Hi @utilsvcllc 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

utilsvcllc wrote

@Clive_A Fortinet, SonicWall, OPNSense, PFSense, Meraki, they all pretty much have this functionality implemented now...

Except for the PF and OPN.

F, S and M, do they support 2FA for all VPN types?

I reviewed the original request that he requests 2FA for OVPN. Do you see an implementation on the other types of VPN except for the SSL VPN?

Would be great if you have some links for me so as to add them to the report.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
Monday - last edited Monday

@Clive_A  I know they all have some type of MFA for access type VPNs, IKE tunnels they probably don't, since I don't think IKE/IKEv2 can even do that by protocol.

Options

Voters 8

+ 4 Voters