Load Balance Setup

Load Balance Setup
Load Balance Setup
2024-06-12 16:08:46 - last edited 2024-06-13 01:07:15
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.1.2 Build 20230210 Rel.62992

Hi,

Issue: When I use "Connection 2" at Phone or Laptop and try to play games, I got constantly disconnected and back to login screen. When i use Connection 1 direct to 1 ISP it works fine. I believe the game identifies packages with distinct origin IPs (ISP1 and ISP 2), for same account and disconnect the account. Because it could be malicious, use or  dual accounting.

I would like to know, if its possible to do a configuration at Load Balancer, like this:

1st Question: If both Wan are online, use the same ISP for every request that has same Target IP? So packets sent to game server will always have same origin.

Really appreciate any guidance.

PS: I believe, if i remove the load balancing and put ISP 2 to be a Link Backup it should work. But i will lose the benefits of load balancing for my entire network. So, I would like to avoid that approach. 

This is my network diagram. 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Load Balance Setup-Solution
2024-06-13 01:05:06 - last edited 2024-06-13 01:07:15

Hi @ricardoff5 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Use Policy Routing to route a LAN device to a specific WAN. This can avoid what you experience in the game now. How to Set Up Policy Routing

Link backup way can also work well but your understanding is correct. PBR would be the option here.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Load Balance Setup-Solution
2024-06-13 01:05:06 - last edited 2024-06-13 01:07:15

Hi @ricardoff5 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Use Policy Routing to route a LAN device to a specific WAN. This can avoid what you experience in the game now. How to Set Up Policy Routing

Link backup way can also work well but your understanding is correct. PBR would be the option here.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 241

Replies: 1

Related Articles