Votes

Visibility into Firewall, Statistics, and Traffic and Router Info

a week ago
Model: ER8411  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.1 Build 20240308 Rel 75819

I don't think I've seen this exact request, so here we go...

Similar to the "ISP Load" widget on the Dashboard or even as a toggle on that widget, would it be possible to get an Inbound vs Outbound throughput? I know, I know, probably not the highest priority, but...easy?  But more specifically, I have a couple services running with ports forwarded inside and I'd like to be able to see how much traffic is actually Inbound/Outboud vs LAN-side Download/Upload.

Then somewhat related, on the dashboard or in statistics, or even reports, can we get visibility into the number of Inbound packets per second the firewall is blocking/dropping by Overall, by Gateway ACL, IDS/IPS, Attack Defense, etc?  This would be very valuable, expecially if you can group it by Source IP and/or Port so that we can begin to identify if we are possilbly getting DDoS'd or are under some kind of Probe/Attack.  It'd be really cool if it was also summarized by Geo on something similar to the "Threat Management Map".  Of course, the more detail the better, but I'd be really happy with just summarized data for high-level visibility at this point.  You can see quite a bit on the switches and so much on the EAPs, but it doesn't seem like the Routers got as much love...

Can we get a widget similar to the Device's "Statistics" cpu/memory graph for at least the Router to put on a Dashboard?  One really easy way to see something is up is to see the Router's hardware spike.

Basically, anything that can provide better insight into the network edge would be really valuable (to me at least), but these three things I hope could be done in the near term.

THANKS!

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 43

Replies: 0

Voters 1