Need advice/recommendation

a week ago - last edited a week ago
Model: EAP110-Outdoor  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello, my neighbor connects to my WIFI and paying with our agreed fees. I notice however that my bandwidth or data logs is 3x higher now.

They connected to my WIFI via router (WISP) and I set rules that they can have a max download of 5Mbps and upload of 3Mbps since he said it is only for his children browser research purpose.

I can access their device since I'm the one that set it up but I notice that their device is still active and seems like downloading something non-stop. I cannot see their data but I can see the traffics/bytes and it is always max the 5Mbps download. 

I tried using the Omada Software to my EAP110 and it gone haywire. I don't know what happened. I'm scared of using again. Had to reset the EAP110.

Anyway, what I want is an affordable simple device that has a feature that can see or store the total bandwidth consumption for each device connected to my EAP110 every month.

Their cloudbase options does not suit my needs or I don't know how to use that. Seems like over kill for me.

I want to see their total consumption every month so I can show them and increase the connection fee. 

Is there a simple TP link device that has that feature?

The Omada OC200 seems like a good one but I'm hesitant in buying because it might not have the feature I wanted and it is costly too.

The ER605 seems good to my needs but I wonder if this is persistent. There is a frequent power loss in our area.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Need advice/recommendation
a week ago

Hi  @Exejee 

Omada Software controller is the best solution since it is totally free to use. I think the part you can't make it work its because you have old firwmare on your EAP110. Some old version EAP110 with old firmware cannot work with newest Omada Controller. 

You don't need OC200, the hardware controller works in the same way as software controller. 

Anyway you can still check the data usage of a client via EAP standalone web interface. You just need to confirm which client(in the list) is your neighbour's router. Note every time you reboot the EAP, this data will be clear back to 0. The Down Byte is the data you are looking for, for your reference:

1GB=1024MB,1MB=1024KB,1KB=1024Bytes

Exejee wrote

Hello, my neighbor connects to my WIFI and paying with our agreed fees. I notice however that my bandwidth or data logs is 3x higher now.

They connected to my WIFI via router (WISP) and I set rules that they can have a max download of 5Mbps and upload of 3Mbps since he said it is only for his children browser research purpose.

I can access their device since I'm the one that set it up but I notice that their device is still active and seems like downloading something non-stop. I cannot see their data but I can see the traffics/bytes and it is always max the 5Mbps download. 

I tried using the Omada Software to my EAP110 and it gone haywire. I don't know what happened. I'm scared of using again. Had to reset the EAP110.

Anyway, what I want is an affordable simple device that has a feature that can see or store the total bandwidth consumption for each device connected to my EAP110 every month.

Their cloudbase options does not suit my needs or I don't know how to use that. Seems like over kill for me.

I want to see their total consumption every month so I can show them and increase the connection fee. 

Is there a simple TP link device that has that feature?

The Omada OC200 seems like a good one but I'm hesitant in buying because it might not have the feature I wanted and it is costly too.

The ER605 seems good to my needs but I wonder if this is persistent. There is a frequent power loss in our area.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Re:Need advice/recommendation
a week ago

@Exejee 

Fae is correct, the controller is what you need to track usage over time, the data is stored in a database and you can adjust the reporting timeframes to show monthly usage, max speed etc.  Check the firmware version on your 110 and see if it's compatible with the latest 5.x Controllers.  You can test it out if you have an old PC or laptop kicking around that you can install it on (Win or Linux or OSX).

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 68

Replies: 2

Related Articles