Eap225

Eap225

Eap225
Eap225
Sunday

Hi,

I have 3 eap225's 2 outdoor and 1 indoor. The outdoor ones are both 1000mbps, in indoor one is 100mbps. It states that v3 EU version has a gigabit port (which all 3 are) so I'm presuming that because there is only one port, they should all be 1000mbps.

my issue is that due to the indoor one being set to 100mbps it is slowing down my network. I have them set up as a mesh system and herein lies the problem, it seems that my network is only working up to the lowest mbps setting. If I connect to just the router I am getting 500mbps+ but if I connect to my mesh network my speed is down to 40-70mbps.

the eap225 should be 1000mbps so why is my indoor one so low? I can't change the speed setting manually, believe me I've tried!!

Options
2 Reply
Re:Eap225
Monday

@Craig2477 

How do you determine the first one, which is the indoor one hardwired to the router that negotiates at 100 Mbps? Do you look up the router's port configuration? Please try manually setting it to 1000mbps. Also, please try other Ethernet cables to connect this device. The Ethernet wire between the router and the AP should be short, approximately I meter. Please try to change it.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Re:Eap225
Tuesday

@Craig2477 

Your indoor 225 should connect at 1G too.  If it isn't, then you have a cabling/connector/switch port issue that you need to address.

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options