ER605: VLAN interface not reachable

Monday - last edited Thursday
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.2.4 Build 20240119 Rel.44368

Hi There

If defined VLAN's 10/20/30/40 and 250 on the LAN tab.

It's there on the VLAN list:

All interfaces 192.168.x.2 I can successfully ping. Except 192.168.250.2; all it says is "timed out".

Is there a limit on the ID's or another reason this specific interface does not respond?

DHCP is not enabled.

Yes, I rebooted the router! ;)

thanks

Edit: sorry for the duplicated "Network list", I didn't see in my browser!

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:ER605: VLAN interface not reachable-Solution
Wednesday - last edited Thursday

Hi @Mutzli 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Mutzli wrote

@Clive_A 

There is no 192.168.250.1!

When I ping it there is no answer.

I don't get your question then...

Anyway, I check the network then...

192.168.250.1 or 192.168.250.2 as the gateway, what's the difference? I don't see any difference in this. I tested with 192.168.250.1/24. So using 192.168.250.X does not matter in this case. So it is not the subnet issue or some kind of hidden firmware thing.

I recommend you draw a diagram for yourself while examining it and study the VLAN as you mentioned there are switches if you misconfigured it.

I also specifically asked if you could get an IP from the 192.168.250.0/24 which you did not answer.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
Thursday - last edited Thursday

@Clive_A 

I checked the path by connecting the router to one switch after the other.

The router responded to 192.168.250.2. ...except the last one.

Removed on that switch the VLAN250, reboot and defined it again.

Now it works! I can also login to the router on that interface. 

I still don't know why it didn't work in the first place!? Anyway...

Thanks for your support!

regards 

Recommended Solution
Options
8 Reply
Re:ER605: VLAN interface not reachable
Tuesday

Hi @Mutzli 

Upgrade to the latest firmware: ER605 V2_2.2.5 Build 20240522 Official Firmware (Released on Jun 14th, 2024)

No ACLs involved in this situation?

And if possible, can you delete VLAN 250 and create it again?

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
Tuesday

@Clive_A 

Thanks for your input.

1) Updated the firmware to 2.2.5,  reboot => VLAN250 does not respond

2) deleted VLAN250, reboot, added VLAN250 => does not respond to ping

2) added some more VLAN's to test (99,100,199,200,249,253, 254) => all responding to ping (even w/o reboot!)

3) factory reset and added the VLAN's 10/20/30/40, reboot => all responding to ping

4) added VLAN250 => not responding to ping

5) reboot => VLAN250 not responding to ping

It seems that only VLAN250 is having a problem...

Any other ideas?

Gretts

Options
Wednesday

Hi @Mutzli 

Mutzli wrote

@Clive_A 

Thanks for your input.

1) Updated the firmware to 2.2.5,  reboot => VLAN250 does not respond

2) deleted VLAN250, reboot, added VLAN250 => does not respond to ping

2) added some more VLAN's to test (99,100,199,200,249,253, 254) => all responding to ping (even w/o reboot!)

3) factory reset and added the VLAN's 10/20/30/40, reboot => all responding to ping

4) added VLAN250 => not responding to ping

5) reboot => VLAN250 not responding to ping

It seems that only VLAN250 is having a problem...

Any other ideas?

Gretts

You can get an IP from the 192.168.250.1/24, is that correct?

All of the assumption is based on that you have configured the VLAN properly and you have a corresponding IP from the subnet.

Options
Wednesday - last edited Wednesday

@Clive_A 

When I scan the VLAN 250 (or subnet 192.168.250.0/24) I get a response from my two switch's, the PC and a TV.

But not from the gateway (ER605).

regards

Edit: I get a resonse from the ER605! But that's UDP.

And I can't connect to 192.168.250.2

Options
Wednesday

Hi @Mutzli 

Mutzli wrote

@Clive_A 

When I scan the VLAN 250 (or subnet 192.168.250.0/24) I get a response from my two switch's, the PC and a TV.

But not from the gateway (ER605).

regards

Edit: I get a resonse from the ER605! But that's UDP.

And I can't connect to 192.168.250.2

It did not answer my question.

I tested this but there was no problem with 192.168.250.1/24 when I created it and used it. So, the subnet is not the problem.

I assume it is your config or the network environment.

Options
Wednesday - last edited Wednesday

@Clive_A 

Options
Wednesday - last edited Thursday

Hi @Mutzli 

Mutzli wrote

@Clive_A 

192.168.250.1 or 192.168.250.2 as the gateway, what's the difference? I don't see any difference in this. I tested with 192.168.250.1/24. So using 192.168.250.X does not matter in this case. So it is not the subnet issue or some kind of hidden firmware thing.

I recommend you draw a diagram for yourself while examining it and study the VLAN as you mentioned there are switches if you misconfigured it.

I also specifically asked if you could get an IP from the 192.168.250.0/24 which you did not answer.

Recommended Solution
Options
Thursday - last edited Thursday

@Clive_A 

I checked the path by connecting the router to one switch after the other.

The router responded to 192.168.250.2. ...except the last one.

Removed on that switch the VLAN250, reboot and defined it again.

Now it works! I can also login to the router on that interface. 

I still don't know why it didn't work in the first place!? Anyway...

Thanks for your support!

regards 

Recommended Solution
Options