OSD Font Color settings in VIGI IPC

a week ago - last edited Wednesday
Model: VIGI C440  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.0.0 Build 231122 Rel.36184n

I have a single VIGI C440 V2 camera with SD Card installed and I am having trouble with OSD Font Color. There are five color options provided(white, black, red, green and blue) and one option for Adaptive color selection.

• The adaptive option does not work well during daytime as the OSD Font background has varying brightness due to natural light.
  • White and black do not work as the background has both light and dark colors and some part will not be readable either during daytime, or when IR illuminator is on.
  • Green and blue also do not work due to background.
  • Right now, red is the only option(photo attached), but the date part is hard to see just at a glance on the android app, and that is the preferred monitoring option.

So, is it possible to add a few options such as thick borders to the letters in contrasting colors and/or solid background for the OSD text so that it is easily readable on the mobile app? I assume it would be relatively easy to implement. Thank you.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:OSD Font Color settings in VIGI IPC-Solution
Wednesday - last edited Wednesday

Hi @ledebe 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

The current OSD color looks good enough for most common scenarios.

If you set it white, then the time part will be hard to read. And I don't find this hard to read. The red has a higher contract than the black/white/blue in this case.

None of the other colors would be more visible than the red.

If you find it hard to read, I recommend you set the Display Effect.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:OSD Font Color settings in VIGI IPC-Solution
Wednesday - last edited Wednesday

Hi @ledebe 

The current OSD color looks good enough for most common scenarios.

If you set it white, then the time part will be hard to read. And I don't find this hard to read. The red has a higher contract than the black/white/blue in this case.

None of the other colors would be more visible than the red.

If you find it hard to read, I recommend you set the Display Effect.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:OSD Font Color settings in VIGI IPC
Wednesday

@Clive_A 

Yes, I agree that the current OSD is the best possible and is good enough for most scenarios. However, the person monitoring the camera wants to use the app and it is a bit harder with smaller screen. I will try to see if the blinking effect helps. Thank you.

Options
Re:OSD Font Color settings in VIGI IPC
Thursday

Hi @ledebe 

ledebe wrote

@Clive_A 

Yes, I agree that the current OSD is the best possible and is good enough for most scenarios. However, the person monitoring the camera wants to use the app and it is a bit harder with smaller screen. I will try to see if the blinking effect helps. Thank you.

The OSD can be moved around if you find that area is not perfect to display it, I recommend you move it around to find out the best place to sit it.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 73

Replies: 3

Related Articles