ER7206 IDS/IPS Speed

ER7206 IDS/IPS Speed

ER7206 IDS/IPS Speed
ER7206 IDS/IPS Speed
2024-06-28 05:47:37
Model: ER7206 (TL-ER7206)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.4.2

When I enable ids and ips on my router the speed gets capped at 300 mbps, I understand that intrusion detection requires cpu power but the cpu usage is between 22-50% maximum, the speed has improved a bit after the recent update but I think there is room for improvement. As far as I can tell the router is not thermal throttling because the ambient temperature is around 25c. Are there future plans to imrove the speed in future firmware updates? 

Options
2 Reply
Re:ER7206 IDS/IPS Speed
2024-07-01 01:57:51

Hi  @AmanSaroha 

It's more related to the hardware. Maybe next hardware V3 we can have a better chipset. But anyway you will need to replace the router hardware if you require higher performance. 

We mark the IPS Throughput in SPEC. 

AmanSaroha wrote

When I enable ids and ips on my router the speed gets capped at 300 mbps, I understand that intrusion detection requires cpu power but the cpu usage is between 22-50% maximum, the speed has improved a bit after the recent update but I think there is room for improvement. As far as I can tell the router is not thermal throttling because the ambient temperature is around 25c. Are there future plans to imrove the speed in future firmware updates? 

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Re:ER7206 IDS/IPS Speed
2024-07-01 03:16:51

Hi  @AmanSaroha 

Basically, the performance would stay the same from the beginning of the product. There's no improvement in the future updates.

We design a product, the specs are final. We cannot add a new chip to it for hardware acceleration. Except for the CPU, you have a dedicated chip for the acceleration, but they're final with their computation.

Basically means you need a new version of it.

And this kind of features are demanding in the computational performance. Unless it's something unlike arm architecture, using x86 or very advanced arm chip which increases the overall price.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 259

Replies: 2

Related Articles