Router losing configuration when there is no Omada Controller on the air when rebooted.

Router losing configuration when there is no Omada Controller on the air when rebooted.

Saturday - last edited Monday
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.2.4 Build 20240119 Rel.44368

Dear,

For some time now I have noticed a behavior that has bothered me a lot.

I have Omada Controller in the Software and it is only active when I need it, because as the settings are all on the devices, they will continue to function. But, for some time now, I've been noticing behavior that I absolutely cannot have here.

I have noticed that every time the power goes out, when it returns the router is lost. And that didn't happen. It's now the third power outage, and I'm forced to call the Omada Controller so that the device can pass information to it and everything returns to normal. What is happening???

I'm staying out and I can't have this kind of problem under any circumstances.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Router losing configuration when there is no Omada Controller on the air when rebooted.-Solution
Sunday - last edited Sunday

@Artur.Aragao 

I finally understood the situation.

Enable DNS Proxy, DNS control will be carried out through the controller. Wow! TP-Link needs to change this if possible.

I want to have these DNS Proxy settings inserted into the Router as a backup of the Controller configuration. If I restart and don't have the Omada controller, I'll be fine.

The idea would be to access the DNS Proxy configuration of the Controller as a last resort, updating the settings only when necessary and if different from the Controller.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Router losing configuration when there is no Omada Controller on the air when rebooted.
Saturday - last edited Saturday

@Artur.Aragao 

And even if I unconfigure this option, the devices continue to search for information in the Omada Software Controller. I consider this to be a problem.

Options
Re:Router losing configuration when there is no Omada Controller on the air when rebooted.-Solution
Sunday - last edited Sunday

@Artur.Aragao 

I finally understood the situation.

Enable DNS Proxy, DNS control will be carried out through the controller. Wow! TP-Link needs to change this if possible.

I want to have these DNS Proxy settings inserted into the Router as a backup of the Controller configuration. If I restart and don't have the Omada controller, I'll be fine.

The idea would be to access the DNS Proxy configuration of the Controller as a last resort, updating the settings only when necessary and if different from the Controller.

Recommended Solution
Options