ER605 Acting Weirdly

ER605 Acting Weirdly

ER605 Acting Weirdly
ER605 Acting Weirdly
2024-06-29 17:53:13 - last edited 2024-07-04 01:02:55
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.2.3 Build 20231201 Rel.32918

Hi all. I have the ER605 set up on a gigabit fiber connection, and the network speeds in my home are....varying, to say the least. When looking at the ports in the router settings, they all say they are connected at 1000M, but how much speed any certain device gets seems like the luck of the draw. I have two game consoles on the very same switch, one only gets around 100Mbps, the other one gets near gigabit speeds. Other devices on my network do the same, some get around 200Mbps, some get less than 50Mbps. Is there some kind of load balancing setting that's auto turned on when you set it up? I've already updated the Firmware once thinking that might help, but it didn't do anything for it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:ER605 Acting Weirdly-Solution
2024-07-01 03:37:16 - last edited 2024-07-04 01:02:59

Hi  @Mrmoonguy

Updating your firmware first. Then you should check it for there is any bad cable.

If possible, recommend you use iperf to examine if it's broken WAN or it's just errors in your tests.

And I also recommend you check your DNS server.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
2024-07-03 07:41:17 - last edited 2024-07-04 01:02:55

@Clive_A  Tested the router by connecting it directly to my pc, it's not a router problem. Looked at my switch, some ports connecting to 100Mb and others that are doing gigabit. Whoops. Not sure why cables would be bad now but maybe thats the case. This only just started when I got the ER605, as far as I know. Reset the switch once already and that didn't fix it, updated the Firmware also. No dice. I thank both of you for your help.

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:ER605 Acting Weirdly
2024-06-30 10:31:59

@Mrmoonguy 

do you only have er605 in your network? I have not heard of this problem on an er605 before. to me it seems like you have other devices connected as well, which switcher do you have? do you have wifi how are things connected at your place? There are many things that can affect the speed of a network.

Options
Re:ER605 Acting Weirdly
2024-06-30 22:17:56

@MR.S I have several switches on my network and 2 access points, but this problem only started when I got the ER605. I had another router connected right before this and I was getting gigabit speeds everywhere.

Options
2024-07-01 03:37:16 - last edited 2024-07-04 01:02:59

Hi  @Mrmoonguy

Updating your firmware first. Then you should check it for there is any bad cable.

If possible, recommend you use iperf to examine if it's broken WAN or it's just errors in your tests.

And I also recommend you check your DNS server.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
2024-07-03 07:41:17 - last edited 2024-07-04 01:02:55

@Clive_A  Tested the router by connecting it directly to my pc, it's not a router problem. Looked at my switch, some ports connecting to 100Mb and others that are doing gigabit. Whoops. Not sure why cables would be bad now but maybe thats the case. This only just started when I got the ER605, as far as I know. Reset the switch once already and that didn't fix it, updated the Firmware also. No dice. I thank both of you for your help.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 301

Replies: 4

Related Articles