can't upgrade to latest firmware ER7206 v1.0

Monday - last edited Thursday
Model: ER7206 (TL-ER7206)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hello, just bought this router

I tried to updated to latest version (june 2024) and i can't , it gives error as soon as it starts

I tried an older fw, 1.2.3 Build 20221104 Rel.41500 and this was fine

But i cannot upgrade to the newest (there are 2, both of 2024,none of them works)

this is the error message

Upgrade Failed. Please check the upgrade file and try again.

What can i do?

thanks a lot

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:can't upgrade to latest firmware ER7206 v1.0-Solution
Tuesday - last edited Thursday

Hi  @stefanocps 

Do you upgrade to the prerequisite firmware before you use any later firmware?

Also, https shouldn't be disabled.

Please read the release note and the firmware page notice.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
Wednesday - last edited Thursday

@stefanocps I got a reply from TP-Link support at the end of the day yesterday. They said to "try to upgrade to 1.3.0 first, then upload firmware file for 1.4.2."  Which makes sense, but 1.3.0 is not available via the firmware downloads page.  Will post a followup if anything gets resolved.

Recommended Solution
Options
16 Reply
Re:can't upgrade to latest firmware ER7206 v1.0
Tuesday

Hi  @stefanocps 

1. Make sure you choose the correct .bin file. 

Just in case, the newest firmware for you:

ER7206(UN)_V1_1.4.2 Build 20240618

2. Make sure you are using Standalone web interface to do the upgrading. 

Old version controller may not be able to upgrade the router firmawre to the newest. 

stefanocps wrote

Hello, just bought this router

I tried to updated to latest version (june 2024) and i can't , it gives error as soon as it starts

I tried an older fw, 1.2.3 Build 20221104 Rel.41500 and this was fine

But i cannot upgrade to the newest (there are 2, both of 2024,none of them works)

this is the error message

Upgrade Failed. Please check the upgrade file and try again.

What can i do?

thanks a lot

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Tuesday - last edited Thursday

Hi  @stefanocps 

Do you upgrade to the prerequisite firmware before you use any later firmware?

Also, https shouldn't be disabled.

Please read the release note and the firmware page notice.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
Tuesday

the file i was using it is correct..

Through omada i could make 1 upgrade,not the the latest, but the one before the latest though.But ii still cannot upload the latest

The web page where the download don't say anything about prerequisite or versions that cannot be applied

All the fw that are there for download can be installed without any warn..at least this is what i understand if there are no alert

Options
Tuesday

@stefanocps I am experiencing the same issue.  I've been on with TP-Link chat support all morning and will let you know what they say.

Options
Tuesday

@stefanocps was on with their support for a while and couldn't figure it out.  Support says "it may be a bug" and they're escalating the case.

Options
Wednesday

@mikerigel  let me know when you have update!thanks

Options
Wednesday - last edited Wednesday

@stefanocps I upgraded my ER7206 v1 this morning from ER7206(UN)_v1_1.4.1 Build 20240117 to ER7206(UN)_V1.0_1.4.2 Build 20240618 through the web GUI..

I don't use Omada at all. Everything is done through the web GUI. I downloaded the .zip file from the TP-Link web site, unzipped it and used the web GUI to upload the .bin file. Then it rebooted and everything was fine.

I don't remember the original version of code it was running out of the box (bought new a little over a year ago), but I upgraded from whatever that was to ER7206(UN)_v1_1.3.0 Build 20230322 on "day-1" (4/23), then ER7206(UN)_v1_1.4.0 Build 20231114 (12/23) and ER7206(UN)_v1_1.4.1 Build 20240117 (4/24) before the latest this morning (I keep all the firmware files).

Probably not a helpful reply. But if it's a bug, it's not a bug for everyone.

Options
Wednesday
i have error both in the router gui and from omada...
Options
Wednesday

@stefanocps Did you try upgrading to ER7206(UN)_v1_1.3.0 Build 20230322?

Or just skipped that step and went directly from 1.2.3 Build 20221104 Rel.41500 to ER7206(UN)_v1_1.4.1 Build 20240117?

Options
Wednesday - last edited Wednesday

@ticedoff8 in tplink italian download page the fw version you are saying is not present.It jump straight from the 1.2.3  to the 1_1.4.1 

I don t know if can safely use that Fw, not being in my regional site

Options