Unable to Add Second Deco X50-PoE via LAN

2024-07-01 20:41:15
Tags: #DecoX50PoE

Hi everyone,

I'm seeking help with configuring my Deco X50-PoE devices. I have two units that I'm trying to set up in my home network, but I'm running into some issues.

Here's my setup:

1. The first Deco X50-PoE device is connected to the internet via a fixed line using a LAN cable and then to a TP-LINK TL-SG1005P-PD switch. The configuration of the first device works perfectly.
  2. When I connect the second Deco X50-PoE device to the same switch, it is not detected. The device shows a light between yellow and green, which isn't described in the user manual, and I can't configure it.
  3. For verification, I connected the second Deco X50-PoE directly to the power adapter. In this setup, it works and connects to the first device via Wi-Fi, but I want them connected via LAN.

I've tried various methods, but the problem persists. Has anyone else experienced this issue or can offer some advice? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Unable to Add Second Deco X50-PoE via LAN
2024-07-02 07:22:40

@AdixSzu 

Hi

The PoE In Port of TL-SG1005P-PD seems to be connected to another PoE switch. What is the model and PoE standard of the other switch?
The PoE In Port of the TL-SG1005P-PD must be powered by at least 802.3at (30 W), and in this case the Out port can only supply power to one X50-PoE. If you want to power more X50-PoE, the PoE In Port must input higher standard PoE.

For more PoE information, please refer to:
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/3484/

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 194

Replies: 1

Tags

DecoX50PoE
Related Articles