OC200 unable to enable/bind cloud access

2024-07-04 15:22:55 - last edited 2024-07-19 09:02:34
Tags: #Firmware Update #Cloud Access
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 5.14.26.23

Since a couple of weeks I was unable to use the cloud access. Maybe because of the beta firmware I have been using, then tried to unbind the cloud feature, that worked, but then binding the oc200 was not possible anymore. As I waited for a new firmware, I did not pay much attention to it. Just now I have updated the oc200 v1 to the version which was released last week: 1.31.3 Build 20240620 Rel.80383

Every attempt results in the following error:

I tried with username and password correct
username and incorrect password

disabled MFA for the cloud environment and tried the same things 

Also the cloud light on the device itself is not on or blinking.

I am using the latest firmware on the device and can confirm all usernames and passwords are correct. Also tried the android mobile app:

I must be doing something wrong, but I have no idea what. So the question is, how can I enable cloud access:

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:OC200 unable to enable/bind cloud access-Solution
2024-07-15 06:56:30 - last edited 2024-07-19 09:02:34

Vincent-TP wrote

Hi,  @RBL

Thank you so much for taking the time to post the issue on TP-Link community! To better assist you, I've created a support ticket via your registered email address, and escalated it to our support engineer to look into the issue. The ticket ID is TKID240710169, please check your email box and ensure the support email is well received. Thanks! Once the issue is addressed or resolved, welcome to update this topic thread with your solution to help others who may encounter the same issue as you did. Many thanks for your great cooperation and patience!

The problem with cloud access has been solved see below for the answer of TP-Link Support:

According to the analysis by our R&D team, the "cloud access" error occurred because on June 14th, you imported a configuration file of a higher version, V5.14.30.20, into V5.13.30.10, which led to a restoration failure. We do not recommend importing configuration files of higher versions into controllers with lower versions, as this may cause unknown errors.

After downgrading I apparently used a backup with a different version. Had to do a reset of the OC200 and then restore with a different backup. After this restore I was able to enable cloud access.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:OC200 unable to enable/bind cloud access
2024-07-05 03:21:06

Hi,  @RBL

Thank you so much for taking the time to post the issue on TP-Link community! To better assist you, I've created a support ticket via your registered email address, and escalated it to our support engineer to look into the issue. The ticket ID is TKID240710169, please check your email box and ensure the support email is well received. Thanks! Once the issue is addressed or resolved, welcome to update this topic thread with your solution to help others who may encounter the same issue as you did. Many thanks for your great cooperation and patience!

Options
Re:OC200 unable to enable/bind cloud access-Solution
2024-07-15 06:56:30 - last edited 2024-07-19 09:02:34

Vincent-TP wrote

Hi,  @RBL

The problem with cloud access has been solved see below for the answer of TP-Link Support:

According to the analysis by our R&D team, the "cloud access" error occurred because on June 14th, you imported a configuration file of a higher version, V5.14.30.20, into V5.13.30.10, which led to a restoration failure. We do not recommend importing configuration files of higher versions into controllers with lower versions, as this may cause unknown errors.

After downgrading I apparently used a backup with a different version. Had to do a reset of the OC200 and then restore with a different backup. After this restore I was able to enable cloud access.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 363

Replies: 2

Tags

Firmware Update
Cloud Access
Related Articles