SG108PE IP Settings

SG108PE IP Settings
SG108PE IP Settings
Friday - last edited Monday
Model: TL-SG108PE  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi

I have a question about IP settings to reach the device. 

I have configuration where one port is on other vlan then 1 to reach ISP network. Rest of the port is belongs to untagged vlan 1 (PVID is also 1). To one of the port with vlan 1 I have connected LAN of my router. 

Everything is working. Any device in vlan 1 is reaching DHCP server and obtain an IP from router except the switch. Switch is not working via standard IP 192.168.0.1 and also is not taking an IP from DHCP Server. I tried to setup a manual IP on my laptop but I can't reach any of the IP of the switch.

When I power up the switch without router connected then I can login into 192.168.0.1. When the router is connected then it's not taking IP from DHCP Server. I tried to setup a static IP on the switch from my LAN subnet but after that is not responding. 

Question is which VLAN is used for management of the deivce when you have other VLAN configured ? 1 ?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:SG108PE IP Settings-Solution
Monday - last edited Monday

Hi @Bobocjusz 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.
The switch is not using the 192.168.0.1 if you get an IP from the DHCP server.

It uses a DHCP IP from the DHCP server. So, go and look for the DHCP client lists.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:SG108PE IP Settings-Solution
Monday - last edited Monday

Hi @Bobocjusz 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.
The switch is not using the 192.168.0.1 if you get an IP from the DHCP server.

It uses a DHCP IP from the DHCP server. So, go and look for the DHCP client lists.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 48

Replies: 1

Related Articles