Self hosted controller 5.13.30.8 GENERAL ERROR when adopting ER605 gateway

2024-07-17 09:39:00 - last edited 2024-07-22 08:27:07
Tags: #Adoption #General Error

Dear users;

It is my first post here, but I feel cornered and need some help.

I have a small office setup with Self Hosted Omada Controller (in Proxmox LXC), ER605v2 for the gateway, some EAPs and a 10 port switch.

It is a vanilla setup in default LAN 192.168.0.1/24 as per the book. No VLANs yet, except for the management VLAN1, which is there by default.

APs & Switch adopted without issues.

Controller sees all devices, but when attempting to adopt the gateway, which btw is running the latest firmware (2.2.5 Build 20240522 Rel.75860) it straight away goes into GENERAL ERROR and although the process shows the gateway / router is ADOPTING, it is not, as once refreshed it is still PENDING.

It looks as if there was a communication issue of sorts. Login is correct, can connect to the gateway in standalone mode no issues, where the router sees all the other elements (APs & switch) in DHCP clients list just fine as well. All devices in the same subnet, so this should pose no issues.

Already tried resetting the router (ER605) to factory defaults and starting afresh - no difference.

Tried connecting Proxmox host incl. Omada controller directly to the router on 1 of the lan ports bypassing the switch and adopting when directly connected. The same thing - GENERAL ERROR popup immediately after hitting ADOPT.

Is it likely that due to the firmware on the router being newer than the release date of the controller - there is a certain incompatibility and the latest controller v v5.14.26 is required ?

System logs on the controller do not say anything.
Are there any other logs I could investigate that I do not know of ??

Or any other steps I could take to get this sorted / adopted ?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Self hosted controller 5.13.30.8 GENERAL ERROR when adopting ER605 gateway-Solution
2024-07-22 08:26:51 - last edited 2024-07-22 08:27:07

Hi  @ArturL 

We are still doing research on this issue. For now, the temporary solution is to create a new site and re-adopt the devices. 

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Self hosted controller 5.13.30.8 GENERAL ERROR when adopting ER605 gateway
2024-07-18 06:54:48

@ArturL 

I noticed you submitted a ticket and that you created a new site to adopt it, which has resolved the issue.
To determine why this occurred, please follow up on the case via ticket, and if you have any findings, please update this post.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Re:Self hosted controller 5.13.30.8 GENERAL ERROR when adopting ER605 gateway
2024-07-18 11:18:57

@Hank21 
I followed the case via ticket which had been created for this occasion, provided requested logs and config files.

My lame observation would be that the gateway needs to be adopted first followed by the rest of the equipment.
When a new site is created - adopting the gateway poses no issue. It may be completely unrelated, but it works and worked for some other user with identical problem as well.

Once the gateway is adopted under the new site - one can move the other devices (previously successfully adopted) to that new site and job done.
At least at this step :)

I believe that with more info from other users who experienced this / similar behaviour, TP Link will be able to find a solid solution and implement fixes in the new release of the controller.

Options
Re:Self hosted controller 5.13.30.8 GENERAL ERROR when adopting ER605 gateway-Solution
2024-07-22 08:26:51 - last edited 2024-07-22 08:27:07

Hi  @ArturL 

We are still doing research on this issue. For now, the temporary solution is to create a new site and re-adopt the devices. 

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 276

Replies: 3

Tags

Adoption
General Error
Related Articles