Remove JSVC dependencies from future controller packages

2024-07-19 02:08:39 - last edited 2024-07-26 02:34:32

Would it be possible to just remove the jsvc dependencies in future dpkg files for ubuntu installs? I am running JRE 11 with a compiled version of jsvc 1.4.0 and installed the controller using dpkg -i --ignore-depends=jsvc which installs just fine, except it still adds the JSVC dependencies into /var/lib/dpkg/status which means I have to manually edit that file and remove the JSVC dependencies everytime the controller updates, otherwise aptitude yells at me that I have unmet dependencies when I try to upgrade my OS or other software and wont let me go any further unless I install JSVC from the package manager, which will install 1.0.15-8 and then break my controller. It isnt 100% necessary, but still annoying that I have to remember to do it everytime the controller software is updated. 

Just to document how to fix it (in case it helps anyone else)

Once you install with dpkg -i --ignore-depends=jsvc and the omdac 

You need to edit your /var/lib/dpkg/status

sudo nano /var/lib/dpkg/status

Then you can use control w to search for "omadac"

Go down to the Depends line and delete JSVC (>=1.0.8)

Save it and exit... now aptitude wont scream at you and prevent you from using it unless you "fix" the broken dependencies which will install JSVC 1.0.15-8 and break the Omada SDN running Java 11. 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Remove JSVC dependencies from future controller packages-Solution
2024-07-26 01:40:08 - last edited 2024-07-26 02:34:32

@Hank21 

This is because our dependency declarations require JSVC, which is not under our control, but is written to the dpkg status even if we perform an ignore install. Our department is evaluating new solutions.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Remove JSVC dependencies from future controller packages
2024-07-24 08:20:03

@eblieb 

We are presently investigating whether we can duplicate the issue you stated. Our related department is working on this issue; soon I have an update, I will notify you.

It still adds the JSVC dependencies into /var/lib/dpkg/status which means I have to manually edit that file and remove the JSVC dependencies everytime the controller updates

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Re:Remove JSVC dependencies from future controller packages-Solution
2024-07-26 01:40:08 - last edited 2024-07-26 02:34:32

@Hank21 

This is because our dependency declarations require JSVC, which is not under our control, but is written to the dpkg status even if we perform an ignore install. Our department is evaluating new solutions.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 164

Replies: 2

Related Articles