OpenVPN configuration with Omada ER605 Router

2024-07-25 06:25:00 - last edited 2024-08-07 07:42:56
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.2.5 Build 20240522 Rel.75860

Hello Community!

I want to connect my OPENVPN  client with ER605 Router but due to unknown reasons im unable to  upload it, It gives me the certificate erroe  which i later resolved and make another file with the format according to omada router but now its not connect to connect   and  also not creating  tunnel on ER605.
Please  anyone of you provide me help in this  regards
Thanks

Options
6 Reply
Re:OpenVPN configuration with Omada ER605 Router
2024-07-26 00:47:21

Hi @DJAsad 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

In another sense, you mean you have a third-party OVPN file and would like to use it on the ER605 but it failed?

If that's the case, you don't have much option. Editing the file does not mean/make it work. You need to consider a different vendor as the file seems to be not supported on the ER605.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2024-07-31 08:10:42 - last edited 2024-07-31 08:12:03
My .ovpn file is from this version OpenVPN 2.3.2, and I'm connecting that file with Omada ER605 v2 firmware 2024. is it compatible? secondly do if I get the older omada firmware of the year 2019 or 2020?
Options
2024-08-01 01:29:52

Hi @DJAsad 

DJAsad wrote

My .ovpn file is from this version OpenVPN 2.3.2, and I'm connecting that file with Omada ER605 v2 firmware 2024. is it compatible? secondly do if I get the older omada firmware of the year 2019 or 2020?

Filed to upload. But the file is from a server that is Omada router?

Or is it from an OpenVPN server instead of an Omada router?

I mean we may not support third-party OpenVPN because it may contain parameters we don't support. Or the version is too high to be supported. You basically cannot edit the file to remove the unsupported parameters because that may cause the connection unsuccessful.

If the file can be imported properly, it does not guarantee it will work when it is a third-party OVPN server.

What can be guaranteed is that two Omada routers creating the OVPN connection to each other, that'll work.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2024-08-05 10:13:52

@Clive_A  Can You Give me the firmware version 2019 and 2020.

Clive_A wrote

Hi @DJAsad 

DJAsad wrote

I mean we may not support third-party OpenVPN because it may contain parameters we don't support. Or the version is too high to be supported. You basically cannot edit the file to remove the unsupported parameters because that may cause the connection unsuccessful.

If the file can be imported properly, it does not guarantee it will work when it is a third-party OVPN server.

What can be guaranteed is that two Omada routers creating the OVPN connection to each other, that'll work.

Options
2024-08-06 01:06:21 - last edited 2024-08-07 07:42:56

Hi @DJAsad 

DJAsad wrote

@Clive_A  Can You Give me the firmware version 2019 and 2020.

Clive_A wrote

Hi @DJAsad 

DJAsad wrote

You can do this yourself and look them up on the forum regarding the model you have. We used to keep a thread of the firmware release. Not sure if this habit has kept the old firmware you need.

If there are none of them, please note that we only display the latest 3 firmware on the official website. The rest of them will be considered as out of date and removed from the display.

If you need a specific firmware, please specify the version and build so that I can try to find it with the web team. I am not able to offer you all the firmware in 2019 and 2020.

Options
2024-08-07 07:38:11

- Omada_ER605_V1_3_0_Build_20200424
- Omada_ER605_V1_2_0_Build_20191213
- Omada_ER605_V1_1_0_Build_20190726

Hey if  you could arrange these three version, I'll be  very thank ful.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 269

Replies: 6

Related Articles