Time not working correctly

2024-07-29 07:12:35 - last edited 2024-07-31 09:05:32
Model: VIGI C420I  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 2.0.1 Build 240620 Rel.39275n

Hello,

I have a VIGI C420I v1.0 and I noticed that the time works wrongly. I am situated in UTC+2 timezone and whenever I turn on DST (Daylight Saving Time) the clock jumps back 1h instead of jumping forward.

There is one more issue, clock sync is done via NTP, and although timezone is correctly set (UTC+2) clock gets synced to UTC+3, as if DST is already activated.

The correct behavior (IMO at least) would be clock to get synced to UTC+2 and when DST is activated the clock should jump 1h ahead, not behind.

I do not think that I did the setup wrong, but if anyone is able to help, any input is appreciated.

Thank you!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Time not working correctly-Solution
2024-07-31 01:11:56 - last edited 2024-07-31 09:05:32

Hi @I_am_Babb 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

I_am_Babb wrote

Hello @Clive_A,

Please find below the screenshots from VIGI Security Manager and time reported by Windows (real time)

1. Vigi Security Manager:

2. Windows (real time):

3. Vigi Security Manager (With DST set to Auto)

Does auto DST mean off? Why if manually set, clock gets synced 1h behind?

Thank you!

I think you don't have to enable the DST time. Auto means it can auto-detect any error and sync the time to the proper one. And I think the firmware for the VIGI is intact.

Just to confirm, is this an NTP server you found somewhere on the Internet?

If this is the case, then this server seems to have already set the DST on its server which means you don't have to enable this on the VIGI again.

This doubles the DST and makes it not work properly.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:Time not working correctly
2024-07-30 02:04:34

Hi @I_am_Babb 

Please provide the screenshots of the configuration of the NTP and your time on the NVR in comparison of your local time.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2024-07-30 21:13:50 - last edited 2024-07-30 21:14:13

Hello @Clive_A,

Please find below the screenshots from VIGI Security Manager and time reported by Windows (real time)

2. Windows (real time):

Thank you!
Options
Re:Time not working correctly-Solution
2024-07-31 01:11:56 - last edited 2024-07-31 09:05:32

Hi @I_am_Babb 

I_am_Babb wrote

Hello @Clive_A,

2. Windows (real time):

Thank you!

I think you don't have to enable the DST time. Auto means it can auto-detect any error and sync the time to the proper one. And I think the firmware for the VIGI is intact.

If this is the case, then this server seems to have already set the DST on its server which means you don't have to enable this on the VIGI again.

This doubles the DST and makes it not work properly.

Recommended Solution
Options
2024-07-31 09:10:24

Clive_A wrote

Yes, the server is part of the official NTP (as in straight from NTP developers) pool of servers, specific to my country.

Options
2024-08-01 01:15:50

Hi @I_am_Babb 

I_am_Babb wrote

Clive_A wrote

Yes, the server is part of the official NTP (as in straight from NTP developers) pool of servers, specific to my country.

That's what I thought. It has already specified your country. So, it does not require the DST again because this server is specifically optimized for your country. It has been set to DST.

Good to know that this is resolved.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 223

Replies: 5

Related Articles